shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut and clarity over color

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my upgrade from a .67 e color si1 clarity old cut to a 1.53 ideal cut Vs2 clarity J (yes it has a yellow tinge) in color, , I bought it from my jeweler who is absolutely wonderful!! However I gave up a fine white color so I could get the best cut and clarity without braking the bank. The darn thing picks up light and sparkles like mad. I will never have a low grade cut diamond again!!! How many of you out there have warmer diamonds and how do you like them compared to the fine white diamonds? I acutely like the color I find stands out more due to it. The pics of it are in forum Show me the ring.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I would take a higher clarity better cut stone which is warmer over a white white poorly cut stone anyday. I wear a round m color and to be honest most of the time the color doesn''t bother me, except from the side. And I rarely look at the stone from the side anyway. Sometimes I think I''d go whiter if I got an upgrade but if it didn''t sparkle like this one then no way would I go up in color. I''ve seen friends rings that are whiter but they just don''t sparkle much and if it doesn''t sparkle what''s the point??? So yes, I''d go down in color to get a better cut and clarity any day. My order of priorities would be cut, clarity, color then carat. I''m sure other people would disagree. It''s all personal taste.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loooove my H color SI1 AGS0!!! The 3.56 carat weight ain''t bad either, hehe...speaking of which, I wouldn''t have been able to get a cut this fine at THIS weight if I hadn''t compromised just a tad on the color (and clarity, to a degree...it''s completely eye clean). Warm stones rock!!! ;-)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Color was the last thing on our list. If we had gone with a different cut we probably would have lowered the clarity. But I love my VS1, I EC. I think the warmer color looks great in my antique looking setting.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
J SI2 1.11ct and loving it. It''s whiter than all the "maul" junk by far! About once a week in a certain situation, I''ll think I notice a bit of color...but then I''ll turn it and it will just sparkle!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Angel check out the J Stones in Platinum thread..and please post your ring there too. Lots of warmer stone lovers there!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I definitely think I see more fire in warmer stones that I do in pure white stones. Maybe that''s my imagination, but I''ll take it! It''s so funny, I used to think I''d want a D or maybe settle for an E, but now I actually think I''d rather have a J any day!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 12:31:01 AM
Author: JDgirl
I definitely think I see more fire in warmer stones that I do in pure white stones. Maybe that''s my imagination, but I''ll take it! It''s so funny, I used to think I''d want a D or maybe settle for an E, but now I actually think I''d rather have a J any day!
That is definitely the case with my J/SI1. It''s an ideal cut, where my other one is I would guess a "good" or "fair" cut. My J blows the other one away!

My cousin got engaged this summer and she has an E/VS2. It''s not an ideal cut, but rated "very good". We held our rings next to each other and there was so much more fire to my J. You could see a slight difference in color (someone once compared it as a "winter white" compared to a "white white") but the fire was the main difference. My cousin had wished her fiance had gone down in color and clarity a bit so she could get a bigger stone.

I used to think H was as low as I would go until I saw my J in person.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats on your upgrade angel
36.gif

i have seen some great looking j''s
3.gif
there''s nothing like a well cut stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results