shape
carat
color
clarity

cut advisor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I cant believe how one number makes such a difference. My stone rates a 2.3

The table is 58, if I put in 57 it would be a 1.4 . Wow Makes you wonder why when they cut it they didnt cut it for a 57 table.
I put in 56, and its a 1.1 What a difference for 1 or 2 percent.

jasontb

Shiny_Rock
You can even see some difference when you use the rounded numbers as taken from the grading report or the more precise numbers from something like a Sarin report.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet, it still demonstrates why it''s important to see a stone in person, or have someone one trusts see a stone to determine if the stone has excellent fire and scintillation. Numbers are good, but will that 1% difference doom a stone that could be stunning in person??

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
Very good point:) My stone looks top line. The fire is realy on fire. My husband who has never been impressed with diamonds changed his mind when he saw this one. I think it would visually compare well with a good ideal, yet I didnt have to pay the ideal price. The precsion cutting they did on it really does make a difference:) Im so glad I found this place. I never knew about cut , before price scope, just clarity and color. Such a difference compared to my last two:)

Jensia

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exactly. My stone is not ideal by the numbers. Many would call it premium, with a 59.8% depth and a 59% table (it''s GIA graded, so I don''t know the crown, pavillion angles), but.......to me and many other''s who have seen my stone, it''s fantastic. It compares with most any diamond I''ve put it up against in Tiffany.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results