shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom wax is ready

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Hello All, I just got back from the jewelers and finally my wax is ready. This has been a very long process but I am very lucky to be working with a jeweler that is so willing to wax and rewax until we get it right. I started this process of looking 2 years ago and finally as you know decided to just upgrade to a 2ct cushion rather than just reset my 1 ct rb. I decided to go with my local jeweler in December and the process has taken longer than I would have liked, but I think that I will get exactly what I want, even down to the custom engraving cast into the ring.
Thank you for all your help, I changed my mind a million times, drove my jeweler nuts, she is surely a "gem", but I decided to go with 24 -1 pt stones in the halo. After I saw the wax compared to the wax of the other halo -1.5pts - only 20 stones, I thought that most of you were right that the 1 pts would just showcase my center stone more.
The band is going to be cathedral set. I have a size 4+ finger and it is more comfortable than a lower setting. There are going to be 9- 3pts down the shank with 1 pointers on all the other sides. Hopefully the melee will stay in place, I have been reading all the other posts about the problems with breakage and loss.
I really toyed with going with Whiteflash or even Leon Mege, but after I saw how involved I could be in the process I think staying local was the best choice for me.
I posted this picture, my camera isn''t too good, it''s my new stone set in the wax. I was told that because I made some height adjustments and a few other "tweaking" things, the ring will be rewaxed, and then cast. I will get to see the cast hopefully next Thursday, ...not this Thursday. Maybe then I will be able to take some better photos.

waxforme.JPG

midgirl

Shiny_Rock
VERY VERY nice...

the picture is small though can you make it bigger? I love
30.gif
halos.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Hi Midgirl,
I am so kicking myself, I made the picture small to attach, but I made it too small, I have to redownload it from my camera. and reattach. But it will have to wait until tomorrow.

mamchris

Rough_Rock
Well I guess it is tomorrow as it is after midnight now, so here goes another picture hopefully it is bigger.

waxforme3.JPG

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
It''s going to be stunning! Gorgeous stone, I can''t wait to see the finished product!
36.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
30.gif

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Your wax is looking good! I can''t wait to see the end result!
36.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2006 12:04:54 AM
Author: mamchris
Well I guess it is tomorrow as it is after midnight now, so here goes another picture hopefully it is bigger.
The size is fine, here - i just lightened it up a bit.
35.gif

LightenUPWax.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome mamchris! it sounds like your jeweler is great to work with. that counts for a whole lot in the custom process.
can''t wait to see it finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results