shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Torsade a la Hisano:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS!!! I love the tone of the pearls against your skin!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty. Looks perfect on you and with that pretty sweater.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Hello, here's mine straight out of the box, no extra twists!

(Sylvie, isn't the clasp super substantial -- we were considering other clasp options...):

pp_5.jpg

pp_champagne_torsade_close-up_1.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Looks very nice. And so lustrous! Color is great on your skin too. The necklace looks more substantial than the first pictures. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely necklaces, ladies, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1400615006|3676970 said:
That is GORGEOUS!!! I love the tone of the pearls against your skin!

Thank you, ckrickett! I think the mix of white and cream is really flattering.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1400617533|3676994 said:
Very, very pretty. Looks perfect on you and with that pretty sweater.

Thanks, Fly Girl. It was a happy coincidence that I was wearing this sweater when the pearls arrived. I was amazed at how gorgeous the torsade was and then pleasantly surprised at how nice they looked with what I happened to be wearing!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, those torsades are outrageously beautiful!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, gorgeous :love: ! Could You take some shots where different shade whites show better?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Confection, I am heartbroken to announce that I realized, very quickly, that this spectacular torsade is too heavy for me. Some pearl peeps can wear many ounces of pearls, but I can't. I weighed the torsade at 4.7 ounces and that is just too heavy for me.

I am going to have to sell this custom piece, and I really hope a PSer will buy it so I can continue to "see" it and so I know it is going to a loving home that can appreciate the work that went into it.

If anyone is interested, please PM me on the "other" forum under BAS.

Super super sad face.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, so sorry too...

YC

Brilliant_Rock
It is such a pity, considering the torsade looks great on you. Hope it goes to a good home.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Both are lovely necklaces. Bsomlo, does yours have more than 6 strands or are the keshi larger? It looks more substantial than baby nurse's. Hope it will go to a good home.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Your torsades are incredible! Very feminine and fun! I'm sorry to hear it's too heavy, bsomlo, and I know it'll find a good home.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1400641051|3677188 said:
Confection, I am heartbroken to announce that I realized, very quickly, that this spectacular torsade is too heavy for me. Some pearl peeps can wear many ounces of pearls, but I can't. I weighed the torsade at 4.7 ounces and that is just too heavy for me.

I am going to have to sell this custom piece, and I really hope a PSer will buy it so I can continue to "see" it and so I know it is going to a loving home that can appreciate the work that went into it.

If anyone is interested, please PM me on the "other" forum under BAS.

Super super sad face.

Bsomlo, I'm so sorry that the torsade can't work for you ;( ! It really looks gorgeous on you, so pretty with your skin tone. But if it's uncomfortable to wear, none of that really matters.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you dk168, CRDKeshi, HHPmom, and pkinnew!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo, I'm so sorry that it didn't work out for you! I'm sure it'll find a good home after seeing how great it looks on you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bsomlo,

Shame that the necklace did not work out for you, as it is a lovely piece.

Hopefully it will go to a good home where it will be treasured.

DK :))

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, So sorry to hear this won't work for you. It looks so beautiful on your neck. Baby nurse, congratulations on your new necklace. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your empathy, everyone! You live and you learn.

I have another thought up my sleeve -- since these keshi are spectacular and I hate to part with them.

It may take some time, but I'll update the thread if I don't sell the torsade and try my idea...

Meanwhile, baby nurse can post more pictures of her beauty!

Oh, both our torsades are composed of 6 strands:

1 strand of large keshi
2 strands of small keshi
2 strands of tiny pearls from Hisano's Little H line
1 strand of round white

I haven't seen baby nurse's in person, so I don't know if hers is smaller -- but they seem very similar on the busts.

The metallic golds, silvers and pinks in the champagne keshi are unreal. Otherwordly. Ethereal.

pp_torsade_jumble_1.jpg

pp_torsade_jumble__2.jpg

pp_torsade_jumble__3.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
The torsades look so lovely on both of you!!!

Baby Nurse enjoy yours and wear it in the best of health!

Bsomlo could you send it back to Hisano to have it reworked? She is so creative that I am sure she could come up with another fabulous (more comfortable for you) design!

kylier

Shiny_Rock
You both look amazing in them! They look like mermaid treasure, the kind you'd expect to be overflowing from chests bursting with gold and gems on some exotic island in a pirate movie. Organic and lustrous and beautiful!
I'm sorry they're too heavy for you Bsomlo. They really are gorgeous and that's a little bit heartbreaking I'm sure after the planning and weight. My neck is pretty sensitive to weight too though, so I get it.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
kylier -- thank you.

litgeek -- exactly. I'm not sure I can part with these wonderful keshi strands.

I'm thinking of making two pieces out of the 6 strands:

a) A smaller torsade using:

- 1 small champagne keshi strand
- 2 baby strands
- 1 round strand

b) A 35" endless necklace using:

- 1 large champagne keshi strand
blended with
- 1 small champagne keshi strand

I have an endless 35" multi-color keshi strand which I'm able to double over my head. I could wear this new champagne 35" keshi as a long necklace or doubled.

The torsade wouldn't be as magnificent as it is now, but it would be very pretty.

pp_torsade_with_blue_dress.jpg

pp_torsade_close-up_1.jpg

pp_torsade_close-up_2.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Bsomlo your ideas sound perfect :wink2: I think you should definitely go that route rather than sell them. The pearls themselves are gorgeous! And mermaids were the first thing I thought of too when I saw these lovely torsades!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo, that sounds like a wonderful solution; hope it works for you. Today I wore a twisted torsade of my new Blue Vietnamese Akoya strand, new Multi-Color Vietnames Akoya strand, and my champagne keshi strand Hisano studded with diamonds! I would NEVER have thought to do that without your inspiration, so Thank You :) My strands are all separate, each with 3" gold chain extenders, so it was a bit "fiddly" to clasp them all together, but once on, it looked and wore great. I do not think I'd favor anything much heavier though. Good luck with your re-design; you're working with lovely raw materials.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi -- please post neck shots of the torsade you created! I really want to see that combo!!!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
CRDKeshi - Oh yes, please post pix of your torsade - sounds gorgeous!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The torsade, in its full glory, is on its way back to Hisano. It'll be a while, but I will certainly post pictures of the remake into something simpler and lighter. Thanks for your support on this project!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I bet it's worth to wait. Pearls on torsade were fabulous.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1401191425|3680838 said:
The torsade, in its full glory, is on its way back to Hisano. It'll be a while, but I will certainly post pictures of the remake into something simpler and lighter. Thanks for your support on this project!

I look forward to seeing what Hisano creates for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results