shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom settings

grosx2

Rough_Rock
I've picked a 2.4 carat stone from WF; my girlfriend has been looking at settings on the site, and she like several of the designer ones.

But we've noticed that a lot of those settings are not available for stones over 2 carats. What is the process like for getting a stone and setting from different retailers? Is this a common practice? Any disadvantages?

I am clueless here, so appreciate any guidance!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
They can likely order you the setting from the designer for any size stone. It just may be priced differently than the price shown, which covers stones up to a particular mm diameter.

I'd ask Whiteflash about the settings you're interested in before going elsewhere.

grosx2

Rough_Rock
They can likely order you the setting from the designer for any size stone. It just may be priced differently than the price shown, which covers stones up to a particular mm diameter.

I'd ask Whiteflash about the settings you're interested in before going elsewhere.

Thanks, I wondered about this and planned on asking. Wasn't sure if it would be a matter of increased cost, or perhaps a longer wait time on the ring...

Last edited:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I wondered about this and planned on asking. Wasn't sure if it would be a matter of increased cost, or just a longer wait time on the ring...

probably just increased cost, as most designer settings aren't stock pieces either way (except maybe some of the Benchmark rings) it's just a question of getting an accurate price at current metals prices for the larger center.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, I wondered about this and planned on asking. Wasn't sure if it would be a matter of increased cost, or just a longer wait time on the ring...

From what I have seen it generally is a somewhat increased cost.
Regarding the lead time , it is increased if they carry stock of the other sizes in-house. But actually oftentimes the vendors anyhow would have a sample and then would need to order the actual pieces from the wholesaler.

Kya

Shiny_Rock
probably just increased cost, as most designer settings aren't stock pieces either way (except maybe some of the Benchmark rings) it's just a question of getting an accurate price at current metals prices for the larger center.

Lol your response hadn’t loaded as I typed my response :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results