shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Setting from Jared (looking for comparible)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swimman9

Rough_Rock
This last week my girlfriend and I looked at engagement rings for the first time together. I have an excellent idea of what she wants so now I am looking for ideas on where to get it. I just found PS and it seems like there is a lot of knowledge here so it sounds like a good place to start and hopefully finish my search!

I looked at Jared because I know one of the salesman and I trust him a lot. Here is what I found there and almost exactly what I am looking for

Custom made 14k white gold setting
Center princess stone range of .45 - .6
Side set princess around .17
24 1 pt stones set 12 on each side with 4 on three sides of the band

I based this setting off one they had in stock but was too large for our taste and mainly my budget. When we priced everything out including a .51 peerless diamond and all insurance and tax it ended up being $5014. I was looking to spend 4k to 5k and thought I might be able to get more bang for my buck here. Thanks and let me know what you think.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome swimman!

you can do a search for diamonds here https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx
that is a link to the ''cut quality'' search, so only the top performing diamonds show up.

swimman9

Rough_Rock
What I am most concerned about with buying a diamond and/or setting online is that I will not be able to see it before i get it. Also I was wondering about the insurance and service of various online retailers like whiteflash.

Here is a sample of what I am thinking; http://www.goodoldgold.com/setting/I-50TW1529/
Im just not sure what if the proportions would look correct for a three tier effect with the ring. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results