shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom NY Jeweler for 2 and 3mm two tone milgrain bands?

gemshow

Rough_Rock
Premium
I'm looking for a matching set of 2mm and 3mm two-tone (Platinum and gold) milgrain wedding bands as pictured.

We love the design of Tiffany's bands (see photo) but Tiffany does not offer the 2mm with milgrain (or the 3mm without), and is unwilling to customize.

We don't want to go wider than 2 & 3mm each, and we really want to match.

Any suggestions?

3mm milgrain $1075.jpg

2mm no milgrain $800.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love the Tiffany bands. I'd probably rather go for the plain platinum with milgrain than to take the chance of having them made, because I would be doubtful they would end up as nice.

However, you might want to ask Steven Kirsch if it has to be someone in NYC. He does a lot of pave with milgrain, but you could see if he'd make the plain two tone bands.

gemshow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks Diamondseeker. I'm not usually a fan of Tiffany but this is one instance where their design is great. I'm leaning toward buying mismatched bands (with and without milgrain), but I want milgrain on mine too! I can't find a 2mm milgrain band anywhere else (at least not with such a nice profile), so I think Tiffany will be my only option.

Thanks for the tip about Steven Kirsch. It doensn't have to be NYC, but I'd like a quick turnaround so local is better.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I cannot believe that one of the casting houses like Stuller, Adwar, Ingwer, etc., doesn't have this in their stock.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://leoingwer.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&task=view&product_id=82658&id=121175&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=32

they can definitely customize it, and they have single-tone milgrain bands, though I didn't see anything skinnier than 2.5.

I know Unique also had something similar and they will customize too.

http://www.uniquesettings.com/products_wb/list?ref=3131
http://www.uniquesettings.com/products_wb/show/926

they do allow for a 2mm band, it looks like. You'd just need it made two-tone.

gemshow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thank you Ame. This is very helpful!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd get the Tiffany ones and then have someone miligrain the 2mm one afterwards. The miligrains might not match *EXACTLY* but they will hardly ever be side by side -- and the *effect* will be matching bands. (Who cares if altering the band would affect resale value -- it's your WEDDING band!)

gemshow

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks Decodelighted,

I like that idea because we've seen both bands in person and like them, and I agree I don't care if the milgrains are identical.

How difficult is it to add milgraining to a finished ring? None of the jewelers in my city do custom work (It's hard to get a ring sized around here!) but I do have access to NYC (I have noted Diamondseeker's suggestion about Steven Kirsch).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results