shape
carat
color
clarity

custom made similar to Daniel K split shank--anyone know what a reasonable price is?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

raw42

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have an idea of the cost of a custom made setting similar to the Daniel K split shank? The diamonds would be G/H (micro pave I think).

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would say it would be hard for someone to guess on a custom price. there are many factors that go into it. WG vs. Plat, finger size etc. Can you find someone to make something similar for less than the Danial K price, probably, but by how much depends. Many of the big Custom guys like Leon Mege, Mark Morrell, aren''t really that much cheaper but well worth it for they are masterful artists IMO. Some of the vendors here do amazing custom work and might be a little bit less. I would research the person/vendor you want to use and call them for a quote.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you might even find something close enough like this one from Dirtcheapdiamonds/James Allen

E5L.jpg

seannaleigh

Rough_Rock
hey n.i.c.o. i took a picture of that ring to a vendor in nyc today actually cause that is the ring im in love with, i think we are talking about the same daniel k ring but anyway he said it would cost around 8,000. 2,000 for the setting and then the diamond. but you could always price around...

raw42

Rough_Rock
The reason I am asking is because I was quoted both $4900 and $1900 for the same ring. BOTH say they can make what I am looking for, and both say the other is being ridiculous (I am looking for platinum with a ring size of around 5). Obviously I want to go with the lower price, but I don''t want to end up with a ring I am not happy with. Any suggestions?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the vendor who quoted you the lower amount is reputable why not?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Are they using exactly the same quality materials? It is my understanding that doing micropave well is very difficult. I think it's important on a ring like that for it to be very finely done. I wonder why the big difference in price? What do you know about each vendor? How about contacting WhiteFlash. There are tons of people here who have gone the custom route with WF and been very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results