shape
carat
color
clarity

custom jewelry-

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for ideas for a pearl earring for my husband. He loves pearls but is dissappointed that he can''t find anything anywhere. So we''re going for custom work instead. I''m thinkin maybe a black pearl with maybe a few diamonds. ughhhhh!!!!!!!!!! What man wears pearl jewelry?!?!?!?

Please help me...

Thank you,
Amanda

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm,

will you post photos with him wearing them.

I am all for men wearing jewellery :)

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/11/2005 10:58:03 PM
Author:IndieQueen001
I'm looking for ideas for a pearl earring for my husband. He loves pearls but is dissappointed that he can't find anything anywhere. So we're going for custom work instead. I'm thinkin maybe a black pearl with maybe a few diamonds. ughhhhh!!!!!!!!!! What man wears pearl jewelry?!?!?!?

Please help me...

Thank you,
Amanda
I think your on the right track going with a black pearl Amanda...

I think the real challenge is going to be finding a setting which is "masculine" in accenting the pearl.

Maybe enclosed in a bezel setting?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that the challenge will be finding something ''masculine'' enough. Is this for everyday wear? Will he wear the pair? or just one? Is it possible to get the pearl set in a way to look more square than round? This might make it more masculine. You are right one about getting a black pearl!

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for your input! I thought everyone would read this post and think "oh god, she''s soooo weird!!!" Well, my husband told me that he wants either a pendant or and earring (not a pair.) He not as concerned with looking more masculine as I am! But it''ll be an interesting project and when I figure out exactly what to do, I''ll post pics!

Thanks,
Amanda

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Amanda - I also found this website when looking for a replacement for my tin cup necklace, lots of design ideas here and some beautiful pearl jewelry!
3.gif
I must add, however, I have not purchased anything from this website.

http://www.americanpearl.com/

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
I have been lurking on this thread for a while, and now I can't resist posting my comment!

I love the idea of a black pearl on a guy! Maybe even a small black mabe pearl.

If an earring is what he fancies, I'd recommend going with a simple stud, either a round black pearl on its own, or a bezel set mabe. IMHO, adding diamond(s) on the pearl will make it look like it's your earring that he's borrowing!!! Hahahaha... Just IMHO, of course.

Pendant designs for guys are out there. I'll post when I found them again.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Katbadness those are awesome. Really masculine and very cool!!!!!

IndieQueen001

Rough_Rock
I''ll second that.. those are really cool looking. Just showed the hubby and he really likes! The cord makes it a LOT more masculine (not that I''d let my husband out of the house with A pearl strand on
41.gif
) Do you have a link to the designer''s website?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh i love the idea of just a black pearl stud! that''d be very masculine and somewhat PIRATEY!!
31.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/14/2005 3:26:21 PM
Author: IndieQueen001
I'll second that.. those are really cool looking. Just showed the hubby and he really likes! The cord makes it a LOT more masculine (not that I'd let my husband out of the house with A pearl strand on
41.gif
) Do you have a link to the designer's website?
I tried looking for similar pics from the respective designers' website, but it doesn't seem like they showcase their men's jewelry anywhere on them!!

I originally saw the pics from http://www.perlesdetahiti.net/site/en/86.html
(Click on the Men's jewelery on the left).

No pearl strand for the hubby (http://www.perlesdetahiti.net/site/en/95.html) ?? Are you sure??
41.gif

Oohh... I SO can't resist posting this pic either!
11.gif
9.gif

tahitian-pearl-princes.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing wrong with that pic!!!!!!
9.gif

katbadness

Shiny_Rock

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Just another thought..

Diamonds! Hey.... what do you know??
31.gif

I think, you can add these sparkly beauties to the designs without making them effeminate!

I wish I can do photoshop wizardry well enough to adequately convey what I''m trying to describe!
38.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katbadness, those pictures you posted are mad sick! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results