shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I have the money is it possible to get a diamond cut in any shape I desire?

Let''s say I want a diamond in the shape of a cube, or a pyramid?

I know the standard cuts are designed to optimize fire and color, and a cube would have no sparkle or fire, but what if someone just wants something different and unique.

Are they out of luck?

Is this unheard of?

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an interesting question, but I would guess that if money is absolutely no object, you can probably have anything your heart desires made to your specifications. Probably wouldn''t be a very wise investment, but then I was once in Trump Tower and there was a store there that sold socks for $700/pair. I figure the person who can wear a $700 pair of socks, probably doesn''t care how much anything costs. If I could buy $700 pairs of socks, they would be the only article of clothing I would wear, and then I''d be arrested, so it''s a good thing I can''t afford such luxuries...........
19.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
There is an old thread here on PS with a diamond cut in the shape of a horse head!! I can't find it but I'm sure if they can do that they could do just about anything.

***EDIT***
Found it. Neat Horse Head is the name of the thread.
1.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Since you mention pyramid, diamonds sometimes form in very clear "double sided pyramids" that look almost polished, but these are natural rough diamonds, and rather collectible if they are colorless, of high clarity and symmetryical.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results