shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom CC Necklace!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I am happy to say, I made my first CC purchase! Like you all have said, she is the nicest person to work with. My inspiration for this custom strand came from a beautiful necklace I cam across on another forum awhile ago. Last week I ordered a Kasumi pearl from Sarah (Kojima) and had it sent to Catherine. She is going to make me a necklace with the Kasumi pearl as the focal point and multicolored freshies for the rest of the strand. I am so excited! Mine will be a little more neutral with the Kasumi pearl, but I hope it will still be as beautiful! It will take a couple of weeks for the Kasumi to get to her, but I will post more photos when she gets it. In the meantime, here are a few photos :twirl:

Kasumi
screen_shot_2013-07-25_at_8.png

Freshies
screen_shot_2013-07-28_at_10.png

My design inspiration
screen_shot_2013-07-22_at_11_5.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I think it will look divine! Pls share more pics with us when the beauty shots come in! :appl:

What size are the pearls and how long will the finished strand be? What are you doing for the clasp? We need details!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great project!
I think its going to be even more attractive than the inspiration piece.
pictures will be mandatory of the finished project.....but you already knew that!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1375022677|3491821 said:
Oh, I think it will look divine! Pls share more pics with us when the beauty shots come in! :appl:

What size are the pearls and how long will the finished strand be? What are you doing for the clasp? We need details!

In all of my excitement, I completely forgot to give the details :lol:

The Kasumi is a champagne golden lavender and is 12X13mm.

The freshies are pale peach, baby pink, cool pink, pale lilac and pale lavender and range from 9-9.5mm.

The length of the necklace will be 16", there will be a gold bead on either side of the kasumi, and it will have CC's rolled gold clasp.

I imagine it will be 6 weeks before I have my new necklace in hand. This is my first freshwater strand and It ticks two things off of my wish list ~ a Kasumi pearl and a CC strand :bigsmile:

For those of you with her pieces, do you have them strung on Power-Pro or silk? I image in I will be wearing this one often!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1375023473|3491828 said:
what a great project!
I think its going to be even more attractive than the inspiration piece.
pictures will be mandatory of the finished project.....but you already knew that!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you will get photos! Thanks for the kind words :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
The inspiration necklace was made using one of Anna's ClipClasps. Eventually, I would love to send it to Anna to have one put one on my necklace so I can switch out the pearls. I'd love to get a Golden SS pearl, as well as a Tahitian and a white SS! I need to do some saving first though ::)

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LitGeek,

A wonderful project in the works! Kasumi pearls are so luscious and you've chosen a real beauty! :love: So looking forward to seeing your lovely necklace when finished!! Just to offer an opinion on which thread to use; silk is traditional and beautiful, of course, but will stretch out fairly fast with the larger, heavier pearls like these, so synthetics will be more stretch resistant and stronger. (For me it is frustrating to string tightly on silk and see gaps after only a few wearings.)

I'd certainly trust CC to recommend the best option for you.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Lit geek -- very exciting! I am looking forward to following your adventure.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1375037708|3491941 said:
LitGeek,

A wonderful project in the works! Kasumi pearls are so luscious and you've chosen a real beauty! :love: So looking forward to seeing your lovely necklace when finished!! Just to offer an opinion on which thread to use; silk is traditional and beautiful, of course, but will stretch out fairly fast with the larger, heavier pearls like these, so synthetics will be more stretch resistant and stronger. (For me it is frustrating to string tightly on silk and see gaps after only a few wearings.)

I'd certainly trust CC to recommend the best option for you.
Thank you Pattye, your response was most helpful :wavey: I will definitely have it strung on Power Pro. I read on CC's site that the Power Pro can get wet, so I wouldn't have to be afraid to wear it in the rain and it could be rinsed off after wearing when it is hot and humid. Hmmm...maybe I need to take a Caribbean vacation just to wear my new necklace :lol:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1375046068|3491996 said:
Lit geek -- very exciting! I am looking forward to following your adventure.

Oh, did you pick out new CC pieces yet? I would love to see photos of your new treasures!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
No, I've been buying tons recently -- and really do think the original pearls will show up in August. I am going to see what her new batch of ripples hold...

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Good choice ~ her ripple pearls are amazing!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that will be amazing!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
redwood66|1375110389|3492432 said:
Wow that will be amazing!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Powerpro all the way. I avoid silk wherever I can. It doesn't have the same drape at all, but I happily give that up so that it will last longer, not accumulate as much gunk and has the ability to get wet!

I have quite a few strands on silk and love them, but I am a total powerpro convert. The last dozen or so pieces I've gotten (yikes!) have been strung on powerpro.

I am so excited to see this! What a delightful creation!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
mrs. taylor|1375130984|3492647 said:
Powerpro all the way. I avoid silk wherever I can. It doesn't have the same drape at all, but I happily give that up so that it will last longer, not accumulate as much gunk and has the ability to get wet!

I have quite a few strands on silk and love them, but I am a total powerpro convert. The last dozen or so pieces I've gotten (yikes!) have been strung on powerpro.

I am so excited to see this! What a delightful creation!

Thank you for your insight. The idea that I can have a beautiful strand to wear in the summer heat and humidity, as well as the rain has me sold on the Power Pro :twirl: I feel like I am overly careful with my tahitians and akoyas, so it will be nice to not have to worry so much with this strand! Now I just need to collect some more freshies to layer with it :naughty: I love the freshwater collections that you and jenncent have!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is going to be drop dead gorgeous!!! Those "moonglow" freshies are stunning. Is it sad that I know from the pic it is item number 512, lol. I am eagerly awaiting your pics from this...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1375145717|3492803 said:
This is going to be drop dead gorgeous!!! Those "moonglow" freshies are stunning. Is it sad that I know from the pic it is item number 512, lol. I am eagerly awaiting your pics from this...

we are pathetic. :nono:

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOL, well, I have a good memory.. :oops:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks :loopy: Do you have any of the moonglow type pearls? In the photo they appear to have a beautiful lustre ~ like they are dripping with water.

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LitGeek|1375188887|3493015 said:

Thanks :loopy: Do you have any of the moonglow type pearls? In the photo they appear to have a beautiful lustre ~ like they are dripping with water.

I do not...yet, lol. I love the soft glowy lustre they seem to have as well.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1375210312|3493203 said:
LitGeek|1375188887|3493015 said:

I do not...yet, lol. I love the soft glowy lustre they seem to have as well.

yet??? :lol: I knew you weren't done buying pearls!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek -- That was precisely my thought when I read that sentence!

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
LOL, it is so hard to stop! And I do not have any "moonglow". :saint:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
jenncent|1375295232|3493851 said:
LOL, it is so hard to stop! And I do not have any "moonglow". :saint:

:lol: ...which is an absolute necessity for any freshies pearl collector :naughty: Plus it is just way too much fun dreaming about the perfect pearl project, selecting the pearls and findings, waiting for them to arrive, taking photos, wearing them etc. And it is super fun to see what everyone else is getting and how they are wearing them.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
CC received my Kasumi and took this photo of it with my moonglow strand. I am in love :love: kmoonglow.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my! That is going to be stunning! :love:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. You couldn't ask for a more perfect match.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl and Mrs Taylor :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a few photos of my CC/Kojima necklace finished! I just can't believe how perfectly the kasumi goes with the moonglow strand :twirl: It measures just over 16 inches. I should have it within the next 3 weeks.

dscf3859__2_.jpg

dscf3854.jpg

dscf3860.jpg

dscf3853.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results