shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion vs RB- how to choose?

HoyaLawyaBride

Rough_Rock
I've totally been through this as well, and maybe my story will help you a little.

I was into size, and RBs are huge, no question. But then I met the AVC and I fell in love with it's soft edges, chunky facets, and vintage charm. But 14 emails, two months, and lots of broken promises later, I couldn't get the wonderful people at Good Old Gold to sell me a stone!! We got so close that I said I wanted a particular stone that still had to be graded at GIA. They sent it off, promising I had first dibs when it came back. ... And I never heard from them again and the stone never appeared for sale on the website.

Here's my point... only on Pricescope is the world of antique cushions confined to the AVC. I took my love of antique style cushions and I went elsewhere and found a perfect ring (GIA calls it an Old Mine Brilliant) that I am head over heels in love with. And I got a GIA 1.5c, H/VS2 (about 6.8 square) set in platinum for under $10K. Not gonna happen at GOG!!!

If you love antique cushions, but you still want a big ring, go find a cushion from someone other than GOG!! Their prices are good, and AVCs are incredible stones, but they are not the only people in the game. And if you aren't sold already, check this out.... :love:

SAM_0358.JPG

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
Hoya -- your ring makes me droool. So gorgeous.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Panda - I think you got the best compromise .. an OEC. I think that is where I would have landed too. I keep wanting a big and beautiful OEC. To satisfy my need, I just bought a smaller 0.7 ct OEC. I am still itching for a big and beautiful OEC.

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
Panda - I think you got the best compromise .. an OEC. I think that is where I would have landed too. I keep wanting a big and beautiful OEC. To satisfy my need, I just bought a smaller 0.7 ct OEC. I am still itching for a big and beautiful OEC.

Charmy, your new Maytal is beautiful but I totally understand your desire for an OEC :naughty:

paperumbrella

Rough_Rock
Hoya, that ring is incredibly gorgeous! Do you mind mentioning where you did end up purchasing the stone?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results