shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Setting Height

kate12345

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

So I was walking around the NYC diamond district the other day and tried on a cushion halo. I noticed that the setting was very high off my finger and I didn't like this. I am planning on having a custom setting made by Victor, but since I live in NY, I won't be able to travel to CA to try on rings in front of him and tell him what I like / don't like in terms of setting height. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about describing this? Is there a way I can measure? Thanks for your help!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kate12345|1370975012|3463539 said:
Hi all,

So I was walking around the NYC diamond district the other day and tried on a cushion halo. I noticed that the setting was very high off my finger and I didn't like this. I am planning on having a custom setting made by Victor, but since I live in NY, I won't be able to travel to CA to try on rings in front of him and tell him what I like / don't like in terms of setting height. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about describing this? Is there a way I can measure? Thanks for your help!

Will your custom setting be the Emilya (or derivative) or another halo from his portfolio?

If so, he's made this sort of ring SO many times now... he'll have a MUCH better idea of what's best for your stone than you will. It's not just stone height - the height affects the curves and angles of the halo and struts... Just tell him what you told us - that you tried on a halo with the stone set high and didn't like it - and trust him to take care of the details.

kate12345

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately it is not his Emilya. The basket one the one I want is different than any others I have seen online and have been unable to find the original designer so that's why I have to have it custom made and I am a little worried about getting a ring that is set too high...

picture_22.png

picture_23.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results