shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I was messing around on Blue Nile the other day and decided to look at their cushion cuts, since they''ve been so popular around here recently. Maybe I just hit a random combination of parameters, but around the 2 carat mark, a huge portion of the E-H range stones and strong blue flour and a few more had medium blue flour.

Is this coincidence? Or is there a particular reason there are so many cushions with flourescence?

Just curious!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i am noticing a lot more fancies with fluorescence----------can the cutters actually be saying fancies are 10% of sales lets keep fluor out of those stones when possible?

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/14/2004 9:34:14 AM
Author: windowshopper
i am noticing a lot more fancies with fluorescence----------can the cutters actually be saying fancies are 10% of sales lets keep fluor out of those stones when possible?
I''m not exactly sure what you''re saying. Do you mean that since fancy shapes are becoming more popular, they can''t "keep flour out" of those stones anymore?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i am saying that despite the new popularity of cushion and asscher cuts --fancies.............I believe that roughly 90% of all diamods sold are rounds....................i was postulating whether or not it would be possible for cutters to actually be attempting to use rough with fluor for fancies and not for rounds to keep the price negative out of the rounds (the bulk of the business)

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
That makes a lot more sense (brain not working well this morning)...

I wonder if that''s true--it''s a very interesting theory!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
i havent yet had coffee..............i can hardly spell my name without two cups!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Incidentally: the reason I noticed too is that Ive spent the last 6 months looking for cushions and Emerald cuts. I found an EC but truly I found very few without at least faint fluorescence. Which is fine with me..........a little discount and all the whiter

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
That''s an interesting hypothesis, WS, and makes total sense to me.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Abradabra- it''s a shame b/c there are a couple of KILLER D E F cushions on BN and they have strong blue! Otherwise, they look like great stones!
39.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well we do know that they cut for weight --I am sure there are other things at play.......................be interesting to hear what the "EXPERTS" have to say.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting theory, window, makes sense!!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
yes moremoremore......................and faint to medium is one thing but strong really limits your resale or trade potential

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone noticed that the "experts" are strangely silent........................................................

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2004 11:18:24 AM
Author: windowshopper
Has anyone noticed that the ''experts'' are strangely silent........................................................
thank you!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well i meant the garry''s , dave''s, jim schultz etc....................................i apologize if you are more than a mere diamond mortal like me!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
window, the thanks was for actually saying just what i was thinking!
emotion-5.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
gotcha................................and still strangely silent

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really would like to hear some replies on this. maybe the thread should be retitiled to something relating to fluoro and fancies.........

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
STRANGELY SILENT ....................................RU-RO CONSPIRACY EXPOSED

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results