shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion or round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

colors!

Rough_Rock
Hi- I''m trying to decide between cushion and round.
Here are the pics w/ a .7 cushion in the first and a .57 round in the second
we''d probably go with closer to .75 stone.

next post is round- don''t know how to attach in same post

IMG_4851 (2).JPG

W2W

Rough_Rock
I personally like cushion stones more that round but with sidestones in this case I''d pick the round, especially if you can get a larger round stone. I suggest you take a look at 3 stone rings with cushion centers. I think that cushions look great with pears, cushion or baguette sides. It''s definately a different look. Is that the cushion you would be getting?

colors!

Rough_Rock
That''s more or less what my mom said. The thing is I''m ''stuck'' with thes sidestones, because I want pink diamonds, so I really want the sidestones to be obvious and not blend in. My mom thought the cushion was gorgeous, but overshadowed the sidestones.
I love the cushion, but I think in a different setting than this.
And yes, that would be the cushion- it''s G VS2

Ok I see people are looking at it- please give opinions!

W2W

Rough_Rock
What if the cushion were set east to west. That way it wouldn''t stick out too much

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a round would look better in that setting. I''m not a big fan of larger round sidestones next to cushions.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I can only see a picture with a cushion, but I can try to give an opinion.

I like the cushion, but I feel like it would work better in a different setting. The setting that you have is lovely, and I think that a round diamond be perfect for it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the round..and after seeing this pic I still vote for the round..

IMG_4853%20(3).JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, mrssalvo. I felt like I had seen a picture of this ring with a round center stone earlier today, and was wondering if I was going crazy...

After seeing the picture (again), I''m also going to say that I vote for the round.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2006 10:43:42 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Here's the round..and after seeing this pic I still vote for the round..

IMG_4853%20(3).JPG
Hands down...I vote for this one!!
36.gif

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
I love both rounds and cushions, but I agree-a round would be best in this case.

I adore the pink diamonds and am thinking about having that for my future e-ring. Would you mind telling me some good places to look for them (I know icestore is reommended but don''t know any others) and what the small ones typically cost? It seems impossible to get a matched pair!
Nice work!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I seem to be the only dissenter here...but I LOOOOVE THAT CUSHION!!!! From an (obviously biased!) cushion owner, I just have to say the cushion calls to me so much more! I see what everyone is saying about the rounds making it all three-stone-y, but I think that''s probably WHY I like the cushion so much more, because it stands out more! But still nowhere close to obscuring the fact that those gorgeous sidestones are pink!
9.gif

squarediamondlove

Shiny_Rock
My first reaction is the cushion, but I think I am bias b/c of the size. Since the round stone you will get will be in the .7 range instead of a .5 (as shown here), I would probably like the round in this setting.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually LOVE cushions & am not partial to rounds ... but with that setting I think the .7ish round will look better. It''s a "flow" thing ... so much round going on & 2 colors, mixing in the Cushion seems like an afterthought to me. Also - that particular cushion looks a little busy or semi-princess/radianty ....

Oval might also work, because the facets are going to be more "round" ish ... but round is probably the safest, most aestetically pleasing choice.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
in my opinion cushions are allways more interesting than rounds....

good choice..., nice sidestones1!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Colors ~
face23.gif

I think I would go with the RB. I do like cushions, however, it doesn''t seem to flow in that particular setting.

Best wishes, and good luck.
35.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2006 4:01:05 AM
Author: DiaGem

in my opinion cushions are always more interesting than rounds....

good choice..., nice sidestones1!!!

Another vote for this statement.

And the cushion you posted already! Very cute... The pink diamonds are not an ordinary choice - so I guess it is this ''off the beaten track'' streak that make me prefer a fancy shaped center for the ring.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn''t refrain from trimming those prongs
11.gif
Hope you don''t mind.

ProngTrim.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2006 10:57:56 PM
Author: shinythings

I adore the pink diamonds and am thinking about having that for my future e-ring. Would you mind telling me some good places to look for them (I know icestore is reommended but don''t know any others) and what the small ones typically cost? It seems impossible to get a matched pair!
Nice work!
Online, you might want to take a look HERE esp. those parcels of fancy pink and vivid pink.
10.gif

Btw, since there''s word here about cushions vs. rounds... ''thought I''d be naughty for once:
31.gif

i5524ab.jpg

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info Valeria!

Also, side by side, I might be chenging my mind to the cushion. Both are beautiful choices though-jsut depends if you want the "flow" of the rounds or something more unique.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
After what Ana changed in the pictures, I say go for the cushion, I love the look. I also agree with Albi, and that it doesn''t distract the eye from the pinkies. The cushions is a beautiful one, good choice!

colors!

Rough_Rock
Wow, guys this is such a tough decision. Thank you soooo much for all the input and mrsalvo and valeria for helping with technical issues.
I think I''m going to go with the round, the cushion looks a little busy to me but I love the stone! All along I''ve wanted a fance shape, but I really want the pinks to stand out.

Shinythings- I''m working with David Kodner on the advice of the pricescope community. So far he''s been really great and the ONLY one that''s said I could do colored diamonds and what I want in my price range. In fact he was my last chance and I was going to give up on colored diamonds. However I don''t have the ring yet, so I''ll keep you up to date.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Colors!

I''m so happy to see you''ve taken your ring to the next step. The pinks in your ring are just yummy. I know you may have already made your mind up about using a round, but I have a ring that has a radiant with round sides that I love. I think using a round in your particular ring will have a classic look, and if you were to use a cushion - it would definitely look more unique and different from most 3 stone rings out there. I think both stones look beautiful in the setting, so whichever you choose, I don''t think you can lose. Congrats so far on this process!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I agreee with the idea of setting the cushion east-west in that setting. That would look great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results