shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Opinions/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

royloomis

Rough_Rock
While I''ve read around on the forums here over the past few months, I''m still quite the newbie. I was looking for a cushion cut stone in the 1.7-1.8 range, something I-J with flouresence, which I''ll be setting as a solitaire. But, I came across this H 1.70 stone, which is within my budget - it goes for about $5600. I''m wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to whether this seems like a good buy. I have been told that the stone is eye clean. I''d love to hear any reasons why I should buy this or should keep looking. Thanks very much.

Certificate: EGL
Shape: Cushion
Carat: 1.70
Color: H
Clarity: SI2
Measurements: 7.37-6.83-4.69
Length to Width: 1.08
Depth Percentage: 68.7 %
Table Percentage: 63 %
Girdle: STK-
Culet: None (Pointed)
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None (Inert)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey royloomis
35.gif
(are you related to robbie loomis?) welcome to ps!

this cushion looks like it has everything you want. it sure couldn''t hurt taking a look at it. does the vendor have a good return policy?

royloomis

Rough_Rock
thanks belle. no relation to robbie. the vendor does have a good return policy and is one of the vendors recommended here on pricescope. i think you''re right. i should at least have a look at it.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Just my opinion, but I would not consider an EGL graded diamond. Is it EGL USA?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 1:23:43 PM
Author: royloomis
thanks belle. no relation to robbie. the vendor does have a good return policy and is one of the vendors recommended here on pricescope. i think you''re right. i should at least have a look at it.
you''re welcome roy
2.gif
i hope you love it! let us know how everything turns out.

royloomis

Rough_Rock
As far as I can tell by looking at the cert, it is EGL, not EGL USA. Would one be better than the other?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
egl usa is usually considered a bit more consistent than other branches of egl. they can sometimes be off by about 2 color grades. the reason i wasn''t concerned was because you stated that you were looking for something in the i/j range anyway. if you are concerned about the accuracy of the grading, you could have the stone sent to an independant appraiser for evaluation prior to purchase. or, just see it for yourself to determine whether or not you like it...whatever the graded color may actually be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results