shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion in six prong setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stacy4232

Rough_Rock
pardon all the setting questions lately! i''m a bit obsessed since my BF is picking up the diamond today!

can anyone advise me on whether a cushion-cut diamond (approx 7.4x 6.9) can be set in a six prong knife-edge solitaire setting? i don''t think i''ve seen cushion solitaires in six prong settings so i''m not sure if it''s doable. something like this:

tiffany knife edge six prong2.jpg

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Here''s an estate piece - cushion set in a tiffany setting. Not exactly what you''re looking for, but I believe that the type of basket on this ring was a predecessor of the modern classic tiffany solitaire.

Link

tiger007g

Shiny_Rock
Here''s another variation on a 6-prong setting from Nelson Rarities.

Cushion The placement of the prongs seem to make the stone look more round...

I can''t see some type of six-prong setting wouldn''t work. You would probably need to have it custom-made and it won''t look exactly like the solitaire you posted because the spacing and angle of the prongs would be different to accomodate the cushion shape.

44-6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results