shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion halo/pave handmade ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

putri

Rough_Rock
I bought the diamond from Mark. Love it! He''s so good. He is the cushion man and the price is very competitive. He''s really nice to work with and super quick with the email and the mailing of the good. I''d buy another cushion from him.

The ring is custom. Done handmade by a local jeweler in Independence, MO. Drenon Jewelry. The guy I worked with was awesome and even though they''re switching over to a machine in the next few months, they started making a few with the machine, I got mine handmade (I''m a handmade/crafty kind of girl).

I don''t have a macro lens so this is the best I can do. Maybe if I get one, I''ll post some better pictures. I really love the ring. This is an upgrade and replacement from my original ring which I lost (first lost the diamond on the engagement ring then lost my wedding ring... came off my finger and I didn''t feel it). I did get the center in my engagement ring replaced but my hubby is super sweet and he let me do a whole new ring and my engagement ring is now my travel ring.

This is a cushion .70 F VVS2 no culet with very good cut and polish. The halo and side diamonds are from my mother. They came from two rings and one was her mother''s ring. Some of the diamonds are not as great, cut wise, but they are very special to me and altogether the ring still shines brilliantly. The halo is a .09 and the sides are .83. My ring size is 2.75 (my original rings were 3.25... no wonder the light eternity ring came off). It''s still not a good fit but I have a big knuckles so I''ll have to live with me centering it every so often. If the knuckle wasn''t so big it''d probably smaller.

IMG_6851sm.jpg

putri

Rough_Rock
Here''s a bottom view

IMG_6804sm.jpg

putri

Rough_Rock
I was going for the old, simple, antique look. With not a whole lot of side holes and filigree (I think that''s what it''s called) to clean.

IMG_6850sm.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, putri! I think you and your jeweler did a fantastic job of executing your dream ring! It''s stunningly beautiful! Congrats on your engagement and on this lovely work of art. I love that you got exactly what you asked for, i.e., the setting is very clean and smooth and shows off every diamond brilliantly. Your center stone is tdf and makes the whole ring just fabulous. Congrats again, and enjoy!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

putri

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Monarch!
Actually I didn''t just get engaged.
Been married for 4 years.
I love my wedding ring and the center on the engagement.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous and I love that you incorporated diamonds from your mother and grandmother!!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!!

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!!! That is one of the prettiest rings I''ve seen (and I don''t usually like square diamonds but WOW!!!!)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
First, your ring is gorgeous! Congrats on the upgrade!

Second, you wear a 2.75?? That''s teeeeeeny! I don''t think the tip of my pinky finger is a 2.75 :)

Third, I was just in Drenon Jewelry (in Independence) last month while waiting on a friend for brunch and the guy I talked with was very, very nice. I grew up in that area, so as soon as I read your post my ears perked up :)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on a beautiful ring. It is even more special using diamonds from your mom and grandmother.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! It looks beautiful on your hand!
Your cushion is amazing, that Mark is sure something else!

And a size 2.75 ring size??! Good lord, I think that's the PS record for teeniest fingers, isn't it?! That's it, sign me up for finger AND earlobe lipo!!!!!
39.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love the significance of the diamonds in it! And your TEENSY fingers are making me sooo jealous!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2007 1:27:16 AM
Author: putri
I was going for the old, simple, antique look. With not a whole lot of side holes and filigree (I think that''s what it''s called) to clean.

Very interesting, unique, and lovely! Great job!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool design!!! Very pretty!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
It is such a pretty, unique ring. Wear it in good health and happiness.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It''s lovely--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results