shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion cut - how''s this "sound"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

po boy

Rough_Rock
I know numbers might not mean much for cushion cuts, but tell me what you think anyway!

2.01 ct,
EGL certified (boo!)
H color
VS1 (seriously eye-clean...I could BARELY see anything with 10x when she pointed it out)
8.18 x 7.26 x 4.62
depth 63.6%
width 62%
slightly thick girdle
polish - very good
symm - very good
slight blue flour

what do you all think?

P.S. It is local, which helps I think.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I will let the experts weigh in re: the specs and ##s

.....I say that your eyes are the most important. If it was beautiful and sparkly and alive to YOU and spoke to you, well--that's what matters. Even if it (as an EGL H) might come in as a GIA I, that's still near colorless, and the faint flor. could be great w/ that--I'm totally intrigued by flor.....it could face up super white! And it sounds like the clarity grade is very fair, from what you saw through the loupe.

Anyway, if you like it and have a good feeling from your eyes and your gut, then don't get overly hung up on the numbers, barring any safety/structural issues.

That said, I'll wait for more saavy PSers to weigh in!!

Oh, ETA: Moremoremore is a resident PSer expert on cushions (she went through a major search for her 3-stone modern cushion ring.) If you do a search of her posts, you might get some useful info?

Orange

Rough_Rock
I think it sounds great-- wonderful spread and the depth is perfect. If you''ve seen it and it sparkles, go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results