carat
color
clarity

Current Diamond fads?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1411578517|3756397 said:
You've got it right cflutist...buy what you love (or what your girlfriend loves). Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Huh?
There is only one right?
Ouch!

While I am also in the "Who cares what everyone else thinks?' camp for myself, I think it's perfectly okay when someone does care what everyone else thinks.
I resist the the temptation to think, "Oh, some day she'll grown up and be just like me and not care what others think."

I strive to not impose my way onto others.
I strive to avoid the terms 'right' and 'wrong' unless we are talking about stuff like murder.
It's really difficult.
Thinking of ourselves as right is like oxygen to the ego, and we all have one of those.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What a cool thread. I guess I must be very old too as I find pears absolutely delish and cannot resist a good one. No, seriously I must be somewhere in the middle when it comes to the age of people in this forum. Funny thing is that I did not even like pears until I saw a really good one and fell for it. In my early twenties, I thought that I would always want a marquise for an engagement ring. Then I did not like them anymore. About a year ago I saw a gorgeous 5 carat vintage marquise that was somewhere towards the end of the letter scale, I loved that stone. I thought that I hated cushions now I am head over heels for them. I think if someone was to give me a diamond today, I would be happiest with what I am dreaming of now and, then people do change and perhaps later they will get a different stone, a different setting, or even better, keep the old one and get a new one too, reset, make the old one into a RHR, etc. I may want an antique cushion today but I still wear and love my RBs, adore my pears, oval, etc. You can also wear them together, in a collier, bracelet, earrings, ring, etc. If you dislike your ring later, you can reset the diamond in a pendant or collier. One cannot have too many diamonds.:)))

Best advice you were given I think is if you are not sure about what she likes, cannot say for sure about her style, like others said, even if you want it to be a surprise you can consult with her friends or mother, etc. This is the best idea. I have had one guy once tell me oh it does not matter what she wants and what is her style like, what matters is what I want the ring to be like. I was thinking to myself, well, this will definitely going to be the marriage of the century. Then others went out of their way to keep it a secret, yet try to find out, one "stole" jewelry she loved for a day to show me. Then others make decisions together and participate in the whole process together, that, I find is actually the most fun for most women contrary to what is often said that it should be kept a secret. I honestly think it is more fun for a woman to go ring and diamond hunting and shopping, planning, designing, choosing, most women love this kind of stuff. But if you do not want to do it this way, then at least you can try to find out what her desire is.

CrimsonQueen

Rough_Rock
Karl_K|1411500197|3755880 said:
Buy what she loves not just because it is popular and you don't have to worry about fads.

Yes!! :appl:

CrystalLoveBug

Rough_Rock
I just got engaged a week ago and I came to the conclusion that round brilliant is the most common. I think it will always be popular because the way they are cut makes them so sparkly. I wanted mine to have something a little different though but subtle. I ended up getting a halo of pink diamonds around my center diamond. I absolutely love it :) The pink diamonds are so light in color that it is such a subtle elegant touch.

ring_143.jpg

ring_144.jpg

ring_145.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That pink diamond halo is gorgeous and your ring is stunning! I love both FCDs and halos. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results