shape
carat
color
clarity

Curly Hair Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok here in Oklahoma we''ve been having rain for several days, and it''s supposed to rain for several more. I have naturally curly hair, but I usually wear it straight or use curlers because my curly hair is never consistent. Here''s the thing.. I always am looking for new, cute ways to fix my hair when its curly. I either wear it all down, half up, or in a bun. Yawn. I''ve googled pictures of curly hair ideas, but none of them look to be anything cute. Do any of you have any ideas or tips for making your hair look great curly.

Here''s a pic of my hair when it''s curly to show ya what it looks like. Forgive me.. I''m driving the boyfriends truck at 8 am for an OU football game.. so I look super goofy.

gameday.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Bump!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Two words... BOBBY PINS....

you can create all kinds of interesting looks. Just twist and pin.

ABS482.jpg

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
My hair is naturally curly and I''ve decided it''s best not to constantly fight the curls. A good cut with layers is the best thing for me. The right cut gives me volume in the right places, otherwise it lays flat at the roots.

I also seonc the idea of bobby pins!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
iwannaprettyone, is that you?! Omg you''re so beautiful!
23.gif

And I third the bobby pins. Another thing I do is wet my hair at night, roll it up in strips of ripped t-shirt, and and shake it out the following morning. Perfect ringlets, which my curls don''t do on their own.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 9:57:14 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
23.gif

And I third the bobby pins. Another thing I do is wet my hair at night, roll it up in strips of ripped t-shirt, and and shake it out the following morning. Perfect ringlets, which my curls don''t do on their own.
Yep that be me....probably not safe to photograph whilst driving! lol

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 9:57:14 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
23.gif

I so do this too sometimes! usually have to touch up with a curling iron in the front....

artprojectcopy.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I go crazy with the bobby pins.. Tonight I think I''m going with a curly side ponytail! Hehe I''ll post pictures tomorrow.

I want more details on this t-shirt rolled hair.. How do I do this?!?

I am all about versatile hairstyles, and even though I sometimes curse my curls, I''m also really glad that I have a lot of options when it comes to hair!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
How do you roll it up with a t-shirt exactly?

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:52:51 PM
Author: luckystar112
How do you roll it up with a t-shirt exactly?
I used to rag roll my hair all the time when I was a teenager!!!

I have naturally wavy hair, that if left completely still to dry will have pretty nice ringlets in it.

You can BUY rag rollers at Target... they are little foam rollers with white cotton tubes over the rollers, so you don''t get those pesky kinks from regular foam rollers! You just wrap it up like you do a foam roller, and tie it!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**** Threadjack ****

Aha!! I finally decided to ask you today, (I''ve been meaning to for awhile based on your screen name) what "OU" you mean. And you said "here in Oklahoma". Well, HOWDY neighbor!
1.gif
I''m just north of ya. Almost to Edmond but not quite. Near Lake Hefner. Nice to confirm there''s at least one other posting Okie on the board.

I have to tell ya though......I went to the OTHER school.
2.gif
My dad''s family are all die-hard OU alums though, so I''m only half alien.
2.gif

Just thought I''d say hi!

(and wasn''t that the weirdest patch of weather?? In August no less. It felt like October!)

**** End Threadjack ****

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Haha my dad and older sister both went to OSU! I''m from Texas, but my parents both grew up and went to college in Oklahoma. I absolutely love it here and when I graduate I hope to work in OKC or somewhere near.

My boyfriend is also from Edmond.. and he takes me out to eat at some great restaurants in the Edmond/OKC area. Ever been to Bravo''s or Bourbon Street Cafe? We love both of those places. I have to say our favorite place so far has been Red Rock Canyon on Lake Hefner.. yummy!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2008 8:22:19 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Haha my dad and older sister both went to OSU! I''m from Texas, but my parents both grew up and went to college in Oklahoma. I absolutely love it here and when I graduate I hope to work in OKC or somewhere near.

My boyfriend is also from Edmond.. and he takes me out to eat at some great restaurants in the Edmond/OKC area. Ever been to Bravo''s or Bourbon Street Cafe? We love both of those places. I have to say our favorite place so far has been Red Rock Canyon on Lake Hefner.. yummy!!
I think I''ve been to a Bravo''s somewhere else. It''s a chain isn''t it? Not to Bourbon Street Cafe. And yes, Red Rock is good.

My suggestion for a really good place: The Wedge on N. Western - I''m thinking about 46th-ish? Great brick oven pizzas, antipasto, wine, outdoor patio. Try it out. Saturn Grill just north of 63rd and Western is good too. Both are independently owned, and won''t break the bank. (The DH and I are devoted foodies so we try to know and support locally owned eateries!)

OH, and BTW, I have to say I love the Fred Jones Art Museum on the OU Campus. Their collection is so diverse.
1.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
That museum is incredible. I started off college as an art history major, so I went there often. My favorite collection is the Weitzenhoffer collection. I just love that they made it look like the inside of her home.. a Degas over the fireplace. Haha I can only wish!

I will definitely try the places you recommended. We are total foodies too! If you''re ever in Norman, try Othello''s on campus corner or Victoria''s Pasta Shop, both are great and not too expensive.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:50:31 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
I want more details on this t-shirt rolled hair.. How do I do this?!?

Take an old t-shirt, and cut it into long strips about 2 inches wide. Wet your hair, take a section about 2 inches thick, and starting from the ends, wrap your hair around the t-shirt strip until you reach your scalp. Then tie the ends of the t-shirt strip in a bow. Super easy! Plus it sucks the moisture out so you won''t wake up with hair that is still wet. I usually put a touch of mousse or gel+water in it before rolling to help hold the curl.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results