shape
carat
color
clarity

curious about what you think-

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
didnt mean to revive this thread but I took some more photos and wanted to post in one place! two months after I started this thread, I am still over the moon about my ring, and get compliments on it all the time (usually not carat related thankfully lol), and I feel like the size is perfect for my finger :love: 20140527_174817.jpg
20140527_180609.jpg

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
It's massive and elegant!!! If down the track the shrinkage sets it just add a halo hehe

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on you! Wear it in good health!

Sometimes people make an uneducated guess, and it turns out they are way off, and possibly way out of line. I think it's a good policy to refrain oneself from commenting negatively about something they don't know much about, especially when that particular something has emotional value attached to it.

This thread actually reminds me of another thread that I ran into a few years ago on a different forum. Someone posted pictures of her huge canary yellow diamond ring. She was over the moon. Then someone commented, "I don't think a yellow diamond is worth much at all." That turned the thread into a big fight. It's unbelievable how ignorant and stubborn some people can be. That being said, I think this forum has been doing a great job in educating people on diamonds and other gemstones.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.gemonediamond.com/diamond-size-chart/

If you google diamond size chart there are lots of them, don't know how accurate but some have the mm measurement too.

Your ring is beautiful and looks the size it should for the cut shape. Love the split shoulders too.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That conversation strikes me as bizzare. Person asks size then says it looks half its size? Who does that???????

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
in hindsight, it doesn't bother me anymore. it was the kind of place where a lot of girls put each other down so either she must have been saying it to make me feel bad, or saying it because she legitimately didn't know since hers was substantially larger and all ~1-2 carats looked the same to her? It was bizarre, you're right, i think she didn't expect me to respond with the carat weight and if I hadn't, she would have told me what she thought or asked if it was one carat or whatever. I think even though I responded, she still wanted to state her thoughts that prompted the question lol so she did. wow, i can't believe I started this thread a year ago. And I can't believe that after wearing my ring for a year, I am still in love with it and completely obsessed with it! And I think I'm even more excited about my ring today than I was when I started this thread a year ago, since I'm past any hangups about what people said or thought about it then. There will always be people with other beautiful rings and so feeling a tinge of ring envy or DSS every once in while is normal I think. As long as I love what I have when I look down at my finger, I'm happy. and I SO LOVE IT :love: :love: :love:

I mean,

20150320_164225-1.jpg

come on. :drool:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beautiful ring and I'm happy for you that you are still in love with it. Also, a belated congratulations on your engagement!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI yasssss - killer ring! :appl:

Re stone size - There's nothing that makes a stone look bigger than putting it on a smaller finger! My fingers are the same size as yours, and I wear a 3+ct stone, set low (which works against it looking larger, also) - and I can't get past the idea in my head that it looks about 1.5ct. Unfortunately, the weak link in the chain is not my diamond - it's my fingers! Sure wish I could go shopping for a size 4 finger as easily as I went shopping for the diamond!!

Seriously, tho, diamonds on fingers are 100% proportional, and it's the size of the finger far more than the actual size of the stone which will dictate how big the stone looks. I used to wear a 2.15 rb solitaire. I have a girlfriend with teensy tiny little fingers - and she wears a ring which is about .6ct. Originally, I looked at her ring and thought "I wonder if her diamond is the same size as mine? I LOVE that size stone on her finger - I hope mine looks as substantial as hers!" When she took it off her hand and I held both hers and mine together, I was STAGGERED to find how much larger mine was than hers. To me, it just goes to prove that the size of the stone has *some* impact - but the real dictating factor is the hand it goes on.

And just to add - I think your proportions are an excellent reflection of your finger. You have nice 'finger fill' from it. Very classy looking ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's an awesome pic! It looks so pretty with the spacer and your band!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the nice thing about this thread is you asked the size of your rock innocently and you still love it today regardless. It looks big enough to me.

So many people used to turn up here and insecurely ask how big does my stone look because someone said something to them or they themselves felt it was too small, or they were trying to guilt their clueless boyfriends/partners into larger diamonds - and yes that was annoying, and yes lots of members got sick of that and paid a few of these posters out about it...... Having said that, I can tell you aren't coming from that weird insecure kind of place that we used to see with so many of these types of threads, and in this case, I am sorry if any negative comments were ever said to you here. Any negative comments out in the real world are usually jealousy ignore them too.

It's a really beautiful ring, always was and always will be!!!! Looks great with the band!!!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock
thanks everyone! and ditto on the small fingers mrs.blop! my cousin in law has a size 3 finger, everything looks massive on her! but I'm grateful that my husband bought me a ring that looks substantive on my finger, and is something I can also comfortably wear everyday. maybe I'll want to upgrade or change to a AVC or OEC in 5 or 10 years, but right now , my ring is perfect for me :love:

sunshinedance

Rough_Rock
Hi yas, if you're still around I'd love some more info on your ring. How would you describe the pave/ size of melee stones? I love that it looks so dainty. Also, did you say you wanted a low profile ring when you consulted with your jeweler? Also, do you have more pics!!!! Your ring is my princess inspiration, its beautiful! Also, did you see ASET images of your stone before you purchased it? how does it perform?

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
It looks big and beautiful to me. I especiallylove the picture with medhi! So pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results