shape
carat
color
clarity

Curated ear piercing?

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Well I did the other ear too. It's a triple, which I hadn't planned on, but I had one piercing done and she got the placement wrong (by over a cm!), so I did a couple more to 'fix' it. The top 2 were done a month ago :) 20210906_215558.jpg

Oh Begonia.. I love your beautifully curated ears! I got 2 extra lobe piercings per ear two years ago and revived my helix (20 years old ones!) as I'm loving this trend too. The more diamonds to stick in, the better. lol

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Oh Begonia.. I love your beautifully curated ears! I got 2 extra lobe piercings per ear two years ago and revived my helix (20 years old ones!) as I'm loving this trend too. The more diamonds to stick in, the better. lol

You know know it! I'd do more diamonds if I could afford them tbh. This is as flashy as I can afford. I quite like a mix now and again too, so I change them around a lot.

Let's see your ears girl! 20220101_130448.jpg

Attachments

• 20220108_202151.jpg
    20220108_202151.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220108_201515.jpg
    20220108_201515.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 12

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
You know know it! I'd do more diamonds if I could afford them tbh. This is as flashy as I can afford. I quite like a mix now and again too, so I change them around a lot.

The top one is moonstone :)

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey!! Haven't been on PS for a few days. Healing well, thankfully. How are you??

20220108_202151.jpg

Beautiful! They look like they’re healing wonderfully, you’re inspired me so much (I’ve been thinking about a double helix piercing but.. the pain the pain!!)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! They look like they’re healing wonderfully, you’re inspired me so much (I’ve been thinking about a double helix piercing but.. the pain the pain!!)

Yup, on the one side, I got all 3 done on one day. I do not recommend it honestly, the pain was impressive. More importantly, they were a b*tch to heal, with multiple infections.m, and they healed out of alignment as a result. 2 might be doable if they aren't too close together? I find it the cartilage is very thick, you get more problems.

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock

Begonia So so pretty. It's a proper work of art kind of ears! Also great to hear they're healing well.

Last edited:

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Yup, on the one side, I got all 3 done on one day. I do not recommend it honestly, the pain was impressive. More importantly, they were a b*tch to heal, with multiple infections.m, and they healed out of alignment as a result. 2 might be doable if they aren't too close together? I find it the cartilage is very thick, you get more problems.

Well done. I only have 1 cartilage piercing and I remember it took ages to heal! My sister and I got them at the same time and she gave up on hers. Like you I like playing and swapping. hehe Most days I just leave on graduated small studs... Anyway, Here's a few combos..

p.s. They're the same ears! Just different hair colours. lol B1314C7F-97F3-4306-81CB-0B170F037781.jpeg

Attachments

• 00B8C901-633F-4DC0-9240-12ED5837F8E7.jpeg
    00B8C901-633F-4DC0-9240-12ED5837F8E7.jpeg
    341.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DD56B16C-847E-4FEE-905F-6F58AC6BC69D.jpeg
    DD56B16C-847E-4FEE-905F-6F58AC6BC69D.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well done. I only have 1 cartilage piercing and I remember it took ages to heal! My sister and I got them at the same time and she gave up on hers. Like you I like playing and swapping. hehe Most days I just leave on graduated small studs... Anyway, Here's a few combos..

p.s. They're the same ears! Just different hair colours. lol B1314C7F-97F3-4306-81CB-0B170F037781.jpeg

Your taste is lovely, may I say? I really like your cartilage ring, it's very elegant in your ear, and goes so nicely with the rest of the crew!

Are you planning any more piercings? I'm not planning any more at the moment. I'd hate to have things get too busy, and feel I might be on the cusp of that already LOL.

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Your taste is lovely, may I say? I really like your cartilage ring, it's very elegant in your ear, and goes so nicely with the rest of the crew!

Are you planning any more piercings? I'm not planning any more at the moment. I'd hate to have things get too busy, and feel I might be on the cusp of that already LOL.

Awe Thank you Begonia. I must say the cartilage ring stays there mostly except 1-2x a week for cleaning.
I'm not planning on any more piercings, or am I?! lol I was "fangirling" over your curation as they're well placed!:) I'm toying with the idea of another cartilage one but gosh the healing, infection, and pain I had because I accidentally pulled it with my long hair a few times.. And that was when I was 20, now 40! I'll get an ear cuff maybe. haha

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Awe Thank you Begonia. I must say the cartilage ring stays there mostly except 1-2x a week for cleaning.
I'm not planning on any more piercings, or am I?! lol I was "fangirling" over your curation as they're well placed!:) I'm toying with the idea of another cartilage one but gosh the healing, infection, and pain I had because I accidentally pulled it with my long hair a few times.. And that was when I was 20, now 40! I'll get an ear cuff maybe. haha

Completely understand. I had two frightening infections with the opal triplets, and I thought...never again. I did end up doing 2 more on the other side but gosh, was I nervous. They were corrective piercings, and not planned. I'm 55, so things just don't heal like they used to. I think ear cuffs are a wonderful idea and I've toyed with that myself. Do show us if you get one/some!!

Having said all that, I may do one more lobe piercing on this side: between the two little gold tribead studs. Then I'm d o n e LOL.
20220108_201944.jpg

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Completely understand. I had two frightening infections with the opal triplets, and I thought...never again. I did end up doing 2 more on the other side but gosh, was I nervous. They were corrective piercings, and not planned. I'm 55, so things just don't heal like they used to. I think ear cuffs are a wonderful idea and I've toyed with that myself. Do show us if you get one/some!!

Having said all that, I may do one more lobe piercing on this side: between the two little gold tribead studs. Then I'm d o n e LOL.
20220108_201944.jpg

Haha, it looks lovely though! We're never too old to have curated ears.. After all if I was still a teenager, I wouldn't be able to afford decent earrings except what my mum gave me for the main lobe! lol

Ahh another lobe ones, that's tempting for me too. hehe May I ask where you got your tribeads on the main lobes from? And which country are you in if you don't mind! x

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Haha, it looks lovely though! We're never too old to have curated ears.. After all if I was still a teenager, I wouldn't be able to afford decent earrings except what my mum gave me for the main lobe! lol

Ahh another lobe ones, that's tempting for me too. hehe May I ask where you got your tribeads on the main lobes from? And which country are you in if you don't mind! x

Hey! I'm in Canada, and I'm pretty sure they're from Alchemy Adornment in Nanaimo? They're wholesale and so local piercing shops buy from them. They made the triplets too, in lab opal.

I'm just about to order something new for the triplets. Not too sure what though. I'm a jeans a t-shirt girl, so maybe...blue topaz or calcedony? The photos are just to show the choice of stone :)

Too right about not affording much when the ears were young!

Where are you located? Screenshot_20220112-165146_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220112-165102_Chrome.jpg

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Hey! I'm in Canada, and I'm pretty sure they're from Alchemy Adornment in Nanaimo? They're wholesale and so local piercing shops buy from them. They made the triplets too, in lab opal.

I'm just about to order something new for the triplets. Not too sure what though. I'm a jeans a t-shirt girl, so maybe...blue topaz or calcedony? The photos are just to show the choice of stone :)

Too right about not affording much when the ears were young!

Where are you located? Screenshot_20220112-165146_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220112-165102_Chrome.jpg

Okay, thank you.. yummylicious blue colour! The way you referred to them as triplets made me chuckle, cute!:) I'm in Portugal.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to look this up too! Now I see that it's a way to decorate much more of your ear. You could really make the whole thing sparkle! Hmm, now I'm hankering after second piercings!

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Hi @Begonia, how are your ears looking lately?! I hope they're completely healed :)

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Begonia, how are your ears looking lately?! I hope they're completely healed :)

Hey!
I got them done in August, and owing to my age and their placement, full healing will take approx another year? Lordy, but cartilage piercings teach you patience, no?

Yourself? Got anything exciting planned for your ears? I get bored and blue in winter, leading to piercings and/or new earrings LOL

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Hey!
I got them done in August, and owing to my age and their placement, full healing will take approx another year? Lordy, but cartilage piercings teach you patience, no?

Yourself? Got anything exciting planned for your ears? I get bored and blue in winter, leading to piercings and/or new earrings LOL

Ahaha Oh boy, tell me about patience! Now you that mentioned it, I got my 2nd and 3rd piercings in winter years ago..

Errrrm, I said I didn't want to do another cartilage one but I got it done 2days ago for my birthday. lol

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ahaha Oh boy, tell me about patience! Now you that mentioned it, I got my 2nd and 3rd piercings in winter years ago..

Errrrm, I said I didn't want to do another cartilage one but I got it done 2days ago for my birthday. lol

Well h*ll, come on and show us that bad girl!
We need something to admire, don't we everyone??

It is ridiculously addictive. I had no idea...

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Well h*ll, come on and show us that bad girl!
We need something to admire, don't we everyone??

It is ridiculously addictive. I had no idea...

Right! Like you said a slippery slope. lol This is my left ear (pardon the disheveled hair, this was right after the cartilage piercing!), it's a titanium barbell which I'm supposed to leave on for at least 2months. Like you said it teaches us patience! :) 84738915-B62D-43F4-B919-135DC44EAC46.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Right! Like you said a slippery slope. lol This is my left ear (pardon the disheveled hair, this was right after the cartilage piercing!), it's a titanium barbell which I'm supposed to leave on for at least 2months. Like you said it teaches us patience! :) 84738915-B62D-43F4-B919-135DC44EAC46.jpeg

That looks f a b u l o u s !
Very elegant I think, you're placements.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Well I had 2 more piercings done today. You can see the before and after. The forward helix will have a statement earring once it's healed, but for now a tribead will have to do. I also had one lobe put in between the other two :) 20220323_214728.jpg 20220505_221152.jpg

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Well I had 2 more piercings done today. You can see the before and after. The forward helix will have a statement earring once it's healed, but for now a tribead will have to do. I also had one lobe put in between the other two :) 20220323_214728.jpg 20220505_221152.jpg

That's looking even more fabulous! I love your small studs! How are they 3s in your flat helix doing?

Well, I also got a flat in Feb but took out my helix (in previous photo) last month because my hair kept getting caught.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That's looking even more fabulous! I love your small studs! How are they 3s in your flat helix doing?

Well, I also got a flat in Feb but took out my helix (in previous photo) last month because my hair kept getting caught.

Hey!! Thank you :))
The triplets are doing fabulously! 2.5 years now, and they took a solid 2 to fully heal. Be patient.
Yes!! The dang thing traps hair all the time!

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Hey!! Thank you :))
The triplets are doing fabulously! 2.5 years now, and they took a solid 2 to fully heal. Be patient.
Yes!! The dang thing traps hair all the time!

Wow, hats off to you for 2years of patience! My flat helix is still healing, got it in Feb but the earring has been changed and I love it! :) Well I took out my helix in April after 3months as it was crooked and the hair, just waiting a few weeks to get it repierced.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Wow, hats off to you for 2years of patience! My flat helix is still healing, got it in Feb but the earring has been changed and I love it! :) Well I took out my helix in April after 3months as it was crooked and the hair, just waiting a few weeks to get it repierced.

Keep at it. I almost yanked mine out a few times in exasperation. When you downsize the post and/or change up the earring, that makes it all worth it LOL!
Show us some recent pics??
Biggest problem is access to earrings in my area. You have to order, and the wait time is up to a year (anything beyond simple gold balls that is). BVLA is the slowest. Pricey too.
I've been waiting for an Amity for 9 months. May not be ready until July. That would make it 11 months. Jeez.

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
Keep at it. I almost yanked mine out a few times in exasperation. When you downsize the post and/or change up the earring, that makes it all worth it LOL!
Show us some recent pics??
Biggest problem is access to earrings in my area. You have to order, and the wait time is up to a year (anything beyond simple gold balls that is). BVLA is the slowest. Pricey too.
I've been waiting for an Amity for 9 months. May not be ready until July. That would make it 11 months. Jeez.

Wow that’s quite a wait! My piercer uses plain titanium piercing jewellery which I’m not a fan of so I get very excited when I could change them! Haha The piercing jewellery I bought are gold ends but not as pricey as BVLA. Here’s my right ear. Pardon the crusties as I still do saline soaks for my 4th lobe and flat helix (it still has a bump at 3months). :)

Attachments

• 037FC992-25C6-4831-9559-09553B5EBF8C.jpeg
    037FC992-25C6-4831-9559-09553B5EBF8C.jpeg
    212.6 KB · Views: 29

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Wow that’s quite a wait! My piercer uses plain titanium piercing jewellery which I’m not a fan of so I get very excited when I could change them! Haha The piercing jewellery I bought are gold ends but not as pricey as BVLA. Here’s my right ear. Pardon the crusties as I still do saline soaks for my 4th lobe and flat helix (it still has a bump at 3months). :)

It looks b e a u t i f u l!
Really nice curation!!
I get those piercing bumps too. I always worry, but they go away with a little extra care, thankfully.
We have some basic gold, and of course titanium (I only use the titanium labret backs). I'm not hell-bent on BVLA (and let's not talk about the price), but it is fun to get one very very occasionally. Aside from the blasted wait.

islandgirl81

Rough_Rock
It looks b e a u t i f u l!
Really nice curation!!
I get those piercing bumps too. I always worry, but they go away with a little extra care, thankfully.
We have some basic gold, and of course titanium (I only use the titanium labret backs). I'm not hell-bent on BVLA (and let's not talk about the price), but it is fun to get one very very occasionally. Aside from the blasted wait.

Thank you and that’s a relief about the bumps going away! :) Show us your new curation when you receive the new earrings please. Love seeing curations.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results