shape
carat
color
clarity

Crisscut Eternity Bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I had mentioned awhile ago that I was searching for a new eternity band - having outgrown my original princess cut eternity.
40.gif

here is the (long) background story:

So anyhow, I had originally wanted an eternity band of baguettes. I
30.gif
baguettes. I think they look so antique. But of course I am a step cut nut so it''s no big surprise I would like them. My original ering is a gorgeous cushion cut aqua with diamond trillions on either side. So I let myself be talked out of getting baguettes for my wedding band because the princess cuts would work better in concert with the cushion cut. I was & am really happy with my original set but neither ring can be resized. The band of my ering is handcarved all the way around so any alteration would destroy it. And in any case I would never want to change it! We originally got the aqua thinking that when we had enough money some time in the future we would swap out the aqua for a diamond. But I quickly decided I loved it so much there was no way I wanted to change it. I''d like to pass it on to my daughter as is. It''s a really special set - especially since Hubby and I designed it together and had it made for us.

Fast forward to now & two kids later - too fat for my original set.
39.gif
Last year I finally got an "upgrade" ering - my asscher (essentially a solitaire although it has some small asschers embedded in the band). Now a year later I finally got so bummed out at not having a wedding band that I started the search.

I looked and looked and looked and found out that there are alot of eternity bands out there and most of them are essentially the same. The big difference to me was that some we just set better - with less metal & less prongs showing. I never could find one I liked - I kept running into emerald cut bands. Nothing wrong with an emerald cut eternity band but I really wanted those baguettes!

Finally I found the Crisscut bands. I had my jeweler bring in two of them for me to take a look at.

I had originally posted asking everyone for their impressions of crisscut diamonds but it turne dout that no one had really seen any in real life. (I can see why too. I don''t think they as a company make it very easy to see any of their designs).

Anyhow, I thought you guys might like a review of the bands I saw.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the first ring that I saw. It is the Crisscut version of a cushion cut. The ring was very well made. I liked the way that the diamonds were set - almost halfway between a bezel and prong setting if that makes sense.

The ring was 4.86 cts (or thereabouts) and set in platinum. It was about 4-5 mms. The diamonds were H-I which totally shocked me because they faced up much, much whiter, even outside in the sun. I actually would have guessed that it was an E or F!

I really did like this ring. It''s unusual without being weird (IMHO). I thought it would go well with an asscher (which I think of as being modern and antique looking at the same time.
37.gif
1.gif
). The Crisscut cushions were very modern looking. Ultimately though I didn''t chose it because I thought this ring would work better with slightly bigger diamonds. The cut is beautiful. Maybe a 6 or 7 mm would be enough to really appreciate the cut. I''d love to see a solitaire in this cut!

crisscut#R30-0CU-4.86ctcushion.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s try that photo again.

I wanted to add that some people had said they thought the Crisscut was too busy looking. I think it is much less so in real life.

Also, I think it is the cut, throwing back so much light at you that helps the diamonds look so much whiter.

crisscutR30-0CU-486ctcushion.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The second ring that I looked at was Crisscut''s version of the baguette cut. It is channel set in platinum and is about 6.61 cts. I thin kit was about 6 mm wide. This ring was also H-I but again faced up much much whiter.

I slipped that ring on my finger and it looked like it had finally found it''s home. There was no question - this was the ring.

I''ll be getting it in about three more weeks. I can''t wait!!

Crisscut offers 3 grades which (if I remember right) were: H-I SI1, F-G SI1 and F-G VS. I think the difference between the lowest to the highest grade - at least through my (discount) jewelers was about $4k. I went for the highest grade because even though I was very, very impressed with the lowest grade I know I''m a picky person and I thought I may as well go with the highest grade if only for peace of mind.

I can''t wait to show it to you guys. Along with the new wedding band my Hubby is getting. I guess he has "blossomed" too.
9.gif

crisscutF14B-0-650-661ct.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 8:51:25 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
This is the first ring that I saw. It is the Crisscut version of a cushion cut. The ring was very well made. I liked the way that the diamonds were set - almost halfway between a bezel and prong setting if that makes sense.

The ring was 4.86 cts (or thereabouts) and set in platinum. It was about 4-5 mms. The diamonds were H-I which totally shocked me because they faced up much, much whiter, even outside in the sun. I actually would have guessed that it was an E or F!

I really did like this ring. It''s unusual without being weird (IMHO). I thought it would go well with an asscher (which I think of as being modern and antique looking at the same time.
37.gif
1.gif
). The Crisscut cushions were very modern looking. Ultimately though I didn''t chose it because I thought this ring would work better with slightly bigger diamonds. The cut is beautiful. Maybe a 6 or 7 mm would be enough to really appreciate the cut. I''d love to see a solitaire in this cut!

In my experience of seeing ads for the crisscut diamonds, they made it sound like the crisscuts were an offshoot of emeralds and asschers, only adding a few extra facets (or a lot) in a criss-cross pattern to up the brightness. So yeah, I can see why you think they go well together, I do too.

And the more I see the crisscuts, the more I feel like i should have looked into them more before telling my FH I wanted an emerald. But then again, it was his pick in the end and his gift, and I love it. And anyway, I do love EC''s, even despite their general lack of fire. But I digress...

The eternity band is gorgeous.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 9:04:25 PM
The second ring that I looked at was Crisscut''s version of the baguette cut. It is channel set in platinum and is about 6.61 cts. I thin kit was about 6 mm wide. This ring was also H-I but again faced up much much whiter.

I slipped that ring on my finger and it looked like it had finally found it''s home. There was no question - this was the ring.

Crisscut offers 3 grades which (if I remember right) were: H-I SI1, F-G SI1 and F-G VS. I think the difference between the lowest to the highest grade - at least through my (discount) jewelers was about $4k. I went for the highest grade because even though I was very, very impressed with the lowest grade I know I''m a picky person and I thought I may as well go with the highest grade if only for peace of mind.

I can''t wait to show it to you guys. Along with the new wedding band my Hubby is getting. I guess he has ''blossomed'' too.
9.gif

arrrggghhhh. I have no other words. I am insanely jealous and full of admiration at the same time. 6.6 carats???? good on you for finding your dream ring. I am starting to think it is no small achievement to find the ring.

3 weeks can''t go fast enough for you I guess
9.gif
Bring on the pictures!!!

Congrats,

a

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 2:28:31 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/26/2007 9:04:25 PM

I can''t wait to show it to you guys. Along with the new wedding band my Hubby is getting. I guess he has ''blossomed'' too.
9.gif
This is my absolute favorite. I''ve seen it in person.. its stunning, it glows.
Oh I''m so glad someone else has seen it in real life! I''m somewhat surprised at how little known the Crisscut is. I wonder when it came out...hmmm...looks like I am going to have to do some reasearch!

littledebbie

Shiny_Rock
I have seen a crisscut 1.5 carat stone in real life. It looked more like the stones in the first ring you pictured. I was looking at cushions and the sales lady asked if I had ever seen a crisscut. I said no, so she showed me one. I personally did not care for it. It looked way too modern for my taste. The stones on the ring your ordered look different though. Are they like baguettes, but with more vertical facets? I happen to love baguettes too, and I can''t wait to see photos of your ring when you get it!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it, what a fantastic choice you made!!!! I can''t wait to see pictures of it.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/27/2007 2:14:15 PM
Author: littledebbie
I have seen a crisscut 1.5 carat stone in real life. It looked more like the stones in the first ring you pictured. I was looking at cushions and the sales lady asked if I had ever seen a crisscut. I said no, so she showed me one. I personally did not care for it. It looked way too modern for my taste. The stones on the ring your ordered look different though. Are they like baguettes, but with more vertical facets? I happen to love baguettes too, and I can''t wait to see photos of your ring when you get it!
They are baguettes - nice and long! The Crisscut to my untrained eye is a scissor type cut. I adds extra facets to the traditional baguette cut while maintaining the shape.

One thing I like about Crisscuts is that when you look at them at first you almost don''t know if it is some antique cut you have never seen before or if it is a new cut you haven''t seen before. To my eye they do look modern - but in the way that some art deco pieces look really modern. Does that make sense?

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new band is stunning
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, your (future) baguette Crisscut ring is gorgeous! 3 weeks?! Torture. I can''t wait to see real life pictures of that beauty!

sera

Ideal_Rock
YAY! Beautiful ring... can''t wait for the pics!
30.gif

bettymac

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, I had to login JUST to tell you what a BEAUTIFUL ring that is. I LOVE it, it''s gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results