shape
carat
color
clarity

Crescent pendant

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Went back to the antique malls since I’m on a mission for a snake stick pin or pendant or brooch. Did not find anything but this crescent spoke to me even though I’m usually not a pearl girl at all. It’s 14 K and they say natural sapphires but I’m not sure they look kind of perfectly blue to be natural? 195 they’ll only do 10% off. Give me your thoughts antique experts. @stracci2000 @elizat @PreRaphaelite @YadaYadaYada . Also if you guys get sick of being tagged in these let me know when I won’t do it! I don’t want to be a bother.

AE281C54-2872-45FC-B395-7E887D066916.png FB59766C-4989-404F-B1BC-9A36083320B3.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Never stop tagging!

I remember only one small comment about sapphires from my reading here on PS, which is that I should notice when the stone tends toward violet. I'm not sure exactly if that's positive or not. The crescent is very pretty.

As for the price, if you really think it will be gone soon, and you love it, pay whatever they ask and rejoice at the find! If you like it in passing and could find one you like just as well online, give them your business card and write your offer on the back. If the seller bites, you have your treasure!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Never stop tagging!

I remember only one small comment about sapphires from my reading here on PS, which is that I should notice when the stone tends toward violet. I'm not sure exactly if that's positive or not. The crescent is very pretty.

As for the price, if you really think it will be gone soon, and you love it, pay whatever they ask and rejoice at the find! If you like it in passing and could find one you like just as well online, give them your business card and write your offer on the back. If the seller bites, you have your treasure!

Yes I noticed that they almost look like Tanzanite. And like you I don’t know what that means!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No bother at all, tag anytime!

I have seen sapphires that look like this but no idea if they were natural or not. I echo what PreRaph said, buy it if you think the price is fair and you love it.

FWIW I don’t think $195 is a bad price, would you wear it as a pin or do something else with it?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
No bother at all, tag anytime!

I have seen sapphires that look like this but no idea if they were natural or not. I echo what PreRaph said, buy it if you think the price is fair and you love it.

FWIW I don’t think $195 is a bad price, would you wear it as a pin or do something else with it?

Definitely not as a pin but a pendant conversion.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it very beautiful and the price would be on for a costume piece for me too...

The thing with sapphires seems to be that it could be natural but heavily treated material that's not worth more than synthetic. So the main question is: so you like it for what it is? Basically
the 14 k part, some pearls and the sapphires even if heavily treated /next to worthless would be a very good price if you'd wear it as is /with minor changes (my jeweller took about 50€ to attach an existing gold chain to a pendant last time...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tag me anytime! I never get tired of talking about jewelry!

It's a gorgeous pin!
The stones may be synthetic if they look too clear. I would think that sapphires in a pin would be of lesser quality than ones used for a ring. Try louping them to look for zoning or other inclusions.

About the price, it may be a bit high. I think $80-100 is more reasonable, especially if the stones are synthetic.

Most places will call the booth owner if there is an offer, would they do that for you?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Tag me anytime! I never get tired of talking about jewelry!

It's a gorgeous pin!
The stones may be synthetic if they look too clear. I would think that sapphires in a pin would be of lesser quality than ones used for a ring. Try louping them to look for zoning or other inclusions.

About the price, it may be a bit high. I think $80-100 is more reasonable, especially if the stones are synthetic.

Most places will call the booth owner if there is an offer, would they do that for you?

They might do that. Upon thinking about it more I will probably just focus on things that I’m more interested in like the snake and/or two toned band. I think part of what’s pulling me toward it is that I can actually view it in person unlike most of the things where I am relegated to online.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results