shape
carat
color
clarity

Cravings..how do you deal with them?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
RE: the Nutella ice cream... I bought it at Bristol Farms and it is Bristol Farms brand even, and I''ve never seen it anywhere else--though I''m SURE it has to be out there!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 8:04:39 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 8/27/2007 7:28:51 PM
Author: Skippy123

Crazy!!!! I never seen it; I guess because I am always looking for my WW fudge bars. hehe I love nutella but that is something I never buy since I have no self control when it is in my hands; hubby has to pry it away from my paws. hehe

Richard, a nice light beer is yummy! Cheers
embeer.gif
embeer.gif
OMG Nutella ice cream - I have never seen it either Skippy but we never get anything out here! I did get some Nutella gelato in Rome that was to die for!!!
Sundial, tell me about it!!!
15.gif
I didn't even know Tourneau store's existed. hehe I guess that is a good thing.

Sundial, if you are ever in Santa Fe or ABQ you have to try the gelato at Ecco! It is pretty yummy! In Santa fe it is on Marcy street and in ABQ it is in Nob Hill across from the Flying Star on Central. We need more fun stores in NM like Nieman Marcus and Nordie's. Oh well.

Zoe, gelato is lower in calories and fat than regualr ice cream just an fyi.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A piece of hard candy or two. If you absolutely crave the sugar, pick a tsp. of sugar or a candy that is mostly sugar, rather than sugar + fat.

As you change your esting habits, the sugar cravings will go away after a while and sweets will start to taste disgusting to you. Fatty or greasy sweets will become totally repulsive, if you are lucky. I just about gag everytime they bring donuts to work. People can't believe that I don't like them, but that's the way it is. When I get cravings, now, it's for real food, not sweets & junk.

Watch the diet drink consumption. See if that triggers hunger pangs or cravings for sweets. Artificial sweeteners do that to some people, but not all. Some recent study claimed that people who drink soft drinks, with or without sugar, are fatter than those who don't drink them.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/27/2007 8:41:18 PM

Date: 8/27/2007 8:04:39 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 8/27/2007 7:28:51 PM

Crazy!!!! I never seen it; I guess because I am always looking for my WW fudge bars. hehe I love nutella but that is something I never buy since I have no self control when it is in my hands; hubby has to pry it away from my paws. hehe

Richard, a nice light beer is yummy! Cheers
embeer.gif
embeer.gif
OMG Nutella ice cream - I have never seen it either Skippy but we never get anything out here! I did get some Nutella gelato in Rome that was to die for!!!
Sundial, tell me about it!!!
15.gif
I didn''t even know Tourneau store''s existed. hehe I guess that is a good thing.

Sundial, if you are ever in Santa Fe or ABQ you have to try the gelato at Ecco! It is pretty yummy! In Santa fe it is on Marcy street and in ABQ it is in Nob Hill across from the Flying Star on Central. We need more fun stores in NM like Nieman Marcus and Nordie''s. Oh well.

Zoe, gelato is lower in calories and fat than regualr ice cream just an fyi.
Skippy I''ve never heard of Ecco so I''ll have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation. (Sorry for the threadjack by the way!)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I either suck on a sugar-free mint, pop in a piece of sugar-free gum or go brush my teeth. I LOVE clean teeth, so as soon as I brush, I can''t stand to eat something right after!

I also try to drink LOTS of water...some days I do better than others on that, though...
7.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 2:57:57 PM
Author: decodelighted
This is a weird one but ... frozen mini Peppermint Patties. They''re tough & chewy & satisfying -- yet leave you with that minty aftertaste that makes you kinda not want to eat anything else.
3.gif
(like toothpaste does!)

ETA: I never eat more than 1 or 2 because too much mint is just YUCK, yanno? It has a natural cut off point!

OMG I am pregnant and this sounds so good. I''m off to the store...LOL.

Zoe: Well, when not pregnant, I am huge WW evangelist, because I believe in it. (It does not operate on extreme deprivation). It is my personal belief that if you are truly craving something, then you need to have it, otherwise you eat in circles around it & the craving never goes away.

but you have to do this sensibly.

Craving pizza? Have one slice with a HUGE salad loaded with veggies.

Craving chocolate? Get some dark & have a few squares, its so satisfying and you can''t eat more than that.

Craving salt? Eat some Pirates Booty. (like a natural cheeto) One serving is 2 WW points...the whole bag is only 4 servings, and its a big serving.

Once a week let yourself have something decadent and calories be damned. Only eat until you are satisfied, not stuffed....

Keep Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, fudgesicles, and fruit popsicles in the freezer (or whatever low cal frozen confection that appeals to you). They are 70 to 140 calories each & I find having a "dessert" every night helps keep my sugar cravings at bay.

Another great dessert that I love is frozen blueberries with fat free whip cream.

Or no sugar added cocoa with fat free whip cream.

Ya gotta have desserts/treats or you will wind up bingeing like a junkie.

hth

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I know it sounds weird, but I will take a spoonful of peanut butter and eat that right off the spoon, plain. It seems to satisfy a craving for a cookie or candy. LOVE peanut butter!

I also like those Mott''s sugar free apple sauce cups, those come in a few different flavors, and give you the good fruity sweet craving.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I love SKinny Cow stuff. The peanut butter ice cream sandwiches are really yummy. I''ve never tried frozen blueberries and fat free cool whip. I see a shopping trip to the grocery store in the near future. Skippy, I love gelato...I just never see it in the store. I have seen chocolate sorbet (haagen daas??) though. I love it but I didn''t want to eat too much of it. Rosebud, I never liked peaut butter as a kid but I really like it now. I had my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich a few years ago. The jelly was okay but the peanut butter...yum-o!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
zoe i love slow churned ice creams as well as gelato, like dreyers or edy''s. my fave is mint chocolate chip. 4 oz is 120 cals and it''s a fair amount. i have a 5 oz bowl that i use for the serving and i fill it and that''s it...i make it last by sucking on the chocolate chip pieces in the ice cream which are sometimes quite big. i love the combo of mint and chocolate. we also have a local light gelato that is sold in whole foods here, it''s 120 cals for most flavors and is actually VERY creamy, greg (who hates all things ''diet'') really loves it. so i think alternatives are out there. gelato while lower in fat and cals than ice cream (gelato is made with milk vs ice cream made with cream), it''s still not a light dessert by any means, depending on what brand, one scoop could be like 300 cals, and i know around here baskin robbins and ben and jerrys ice cream is like 300 cals too. so it just depends on what/where you go as not all gelato is going to be light.

have fun with all the suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results