shape
carat
color
clarity

Craving a reset that makes no sense..

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it makes absolutely no sense but every time that I see an old mine cut in PS, it is usually in a solitaire which highlights its shape and facets bc it is the star. Mine is currently set in a halo which is very comfortable to wear bc it sits low, and is ideal for a rhr, bc that is what it is.
Please talk me out of resetting this omc into a solitaire, lol!
Bc wouldn’t it look odd to wear a solitaire on my right hand? Comfort wise, especially, seems like it would sit high.
Thoughts?
Pics of halo and pics of inspiration soli IMG_3127.jpeg IMG_3433.png

Attachments

• IMG_3435.png
    IMG_3435.png
    752.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3434.png
    IMG_3434.png
    550.5 KB · Views: 16

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Can we see some more pictures of your ring? Despite the fact that it’s irrational, I just can’t wear a soli like that on my right hand. Just can’t. Feels super weird. So if you never change your e-ring and always wear that on your left, then that’s your best argument lol. BUT you could always reset another way :evil2:

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I wouldn't. It's likely just confirmation bias-- you think you see OECs in solitaires, so you notice them more. Just like when you buy a new car and you start to notice that same model everywhere when you didn't before.

Also, if you're used to a halo and you go down to a solitaire, your beautiful stone will seem smaller. I'd enjoy what you have.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can we see some more pictures of your ring? Despite the fact that it’s irrational, I just can’t wear a soli like that on my right hand. Just can’t. Feels super weird. So if you never change your e-ring and always wear that on your left, then that’s your best argument lol. BUT you could always reset another way :evil2:

IMG_3301.jpeg

I do have a 3 stone setting! But side stones are not omc—tho—I could prob borrow some from another ring I have, lol.
I also have a 3 stone with tapered baguette setting that I am contemplating

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You think you would be happy losing the finger coverage of the halo setting? I don’t think solitaires look strange on a right hand necessarily. However you might love the idea of a solitaire and not be so in love with it IRL.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t reset into a solitaire personally. It looks great as a RHR!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I wouldn't. It's likely just confirmation bias-- you think you see OECs in solitaires, so you notice them more. Just like when you buy a new car and you start to notice that same model everywhere when you didn't before.

Also, if you're used to a halo and you go down to a solitaire, your beautiful stone will seem smaller. I'd enjoy what you have.

Very very true. Ty!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You think you would be happy losing the finger coverage of the halo setting? I don’t think solitaires look strange on a right hand necessarily. However you might love the idea of a solitaire and not be so in love with it IRL.
I do love my stone—I feel like the halo is just pulling my eye away from it. But I already know that I won’t wear the solitaire soo why even contemplate it. Ugh.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I do love my stone—I feel like the halo is just pulling my eye away from it. But I already know that I won’t wear the solitaire soo why even contemplate it. Ugh.

Personally, whenever I'm not happy with my settings or craving something different, I force myself to wear a plain or diamond band for about 2 weeks or so. Once I go back to my rings, they feel brand new, HUGE and gorgeous again. Funny how that happens!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
JA is doing 50% off settings right now. Seems like an inexpensive way to scratch the itch.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JA is doing 50% off settings right now. Seems like an inexpensive way to scratch the itch.

Unfortunately, they sell very few settings a la carte.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bc wouldn’t it look odd to wear a solitaire on my right hand? Comfort wise, especially, seems like it would sit high.

You mean like you'll get hit on by strangers? Is there a solitaire on your other hand, too?

I don't think I'd mess with yours based on the favorable description you give it -- for the thousands it would cost in new work and sacrifice of the old work and materials. OTOH, if money is not a factor, make another and try it!

And also OTOH (third hand?), the solitaire you highlight should be able to withstand plenty of casual knocks. My spouse's solitaire has taken three decades of serious punishment without a scratch or chip. She's right-handed but super-active and does not avoid using her "ring hand" in any situation.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean like you'll get hit on by strangers? Is there a solitaire on your other hand, too?

I don't think I'd mess with yours based on the favorable description you give it -- for the thousands it would cost in new work and sacrifice of the old work and materials. OTOH, if money is not a factor, make another and try it!

And also OTOH (third hand?), the solitaire you highlight should be able to withstand plenty of casual knocks. My spouse's solitaire has taken three decades of serious punishment without a scratch or chip. She's right-handed but super-active and does not avoid using her "ring hand" in any situation.

Hahaha. Noo. Not about being hit on, lol.
This is my 1.5 old mine cut. I wear my e ring on my left always, a 2.9.
It is just all in my head—the notion that a solitaire looks odd on right hand. All in my head.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately, they sell very few settings a la carte.

You mean you do not want to send them your stone? Not sure what you mean by a la carte.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mean you do not want to send them your stone? Not sure what you mean by a la carte.

I thought they only sold settings if you bought a diamond from them. They only have a few settings that they sell separately.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, they will set your stone in their settings. You do have to send them your stone (obviously).

Under frequently ask questions...

Look under this question...

I have my own diamond but I'd like to purchase one of your settings. Can you set my diamond into a James Allen ring?​

They do charge $100 for mounting and another $100 for another over 7mm.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! Never knew that! Ty!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Well I'll play for the other side, since you already have 2 other settings, why not swap for a test drive? You can see how you like it minus the halo size, but not as drastic as going to a solitaire (and gives less of that engagement vibe? I don't know). You can always swap it back into the halo, and if you end up liking it in one of your other settings you could put a colored stone in the halo!

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in the go big or go home camp for a right hand ring. I would make it a cluster with oecs. I adore Buster the Cluster, and all the sparkles go well together.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure I'm in the minority here but I think you should wear a solitaire anywhere that you want. I wear solitaires on either side and don't really care if people think they are ERs or not. To me the issue would be if you would be unhappy with any loss of finger coverage. You have to decide that. Maybe you want to stack it and a soli would make that more versatile?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im not normally a halo kind of girl but i rather like yours Nala

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I reset into a setting that I had and kept my halo for when the mood strikes! I have adorned her with bands just for fun!
IMG_3645.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3639.jpeg
    IMG_3639.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3640.jpeg
    IMG_3640.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3641.jpeg
    IMG_3641.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3643.jpeg
    IMG_3643.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3644.jpeg
    IMG_3644.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3638.jpeg
    IMG_3638.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 12

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well that was fast! Busy day yesterday!

Looks very pretty -- like a "crown" for your jewel!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So I reset into a setting that I had and kept my halo for when the mood strikes! I have adorned her with bands just for fun!
IMG_3645.jpeg

I love it. I also love that bottom band.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results