shape
carat
color
clarity

crack or chip on princess stone--help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi...I''m an old poster...from like 3 years ago! gasp!

I have a 1.13 carat princess cut that has a crack or a chip on the side. It''s been worrying me, but I finally got around to calling my insurance agent to see if damage is covered in my jewelry policy (I have a separate schedule for all my jewelry on my homeowners policy--so yes, its covered).

So I''m going to take it to my appriaser to be sure it needs to be replaced, and even if it doesn''t...I''m thinking a bezel set might be a safer bet, since I''ve been reading on here and it seems the princesses are prone to cracking more than other stones? Ugh. How depressing, I just looooove square diamonds! wah!!!

Why is this true? And if I wind up having to replace my stone, what should I look for to prevent that from happening again?

Anyway this is the ring I saw that I like..its a Chris Correia design....what do y''all think?

Special shout out to Mara....remember me?

Jeannine

chriscband.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/7/2006 6:13:34 PM
Author:divergrrl
Hi...I''m an old poster...from like 3 years ago! gasp!

I have a 1.13 carat princess cut that has a crack or a chip on the side. It''s been worrying me, but I finally got around to calling my insurance agent to see if damage is covered in my jewelry policy (I have a separate schedule for all my jewelry on my homeowners policy--so yes, its covered).

So I''m going to take it to my appriaser to be sure it needs to be replaced, and even if it doesn''t...I''m thinking a bezel set might be a safer bet, since I''ve been reading on here and it seems the princesses are prone to cracking more than other stones? Ugh. How depressing, I just looooove square diamonds! wah!!!

Why is this true? And if I wind up having to replace my stone, what should I look for to prevent that from happening again?

Anyway this is the ring I saw that I like..its a Chris Correia design....what do y''all think?

Special shout out to Mara....remember me?

Jeannine
Hi Jeannie - do some searches on princess cut chipping and girdle thickness / durability etc.

There are many helpful threads.
But at leats medium to slightly thick girdle
Ask to have the tips polished off.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 6:13:34 PM
Author:divergrrl

Well...
30.gif
!

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine has this ring (but I think her band is polished instead of matte finish) and it is georgous!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI chica!!! I was scrolling down the threads and saw your name and thought oh that CAN''T be the old divergrrl!! Welcome back, and i''m so sorry to hear about your chip! I hope you get it all worked out and stick around!! It''s good to see old familiar faces..
1.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Princess cut diamonds weekness is mostly on the sharp corners, if you prong the corners, make sure you give it to a reputable setter with experience...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results