shape
carat
color
clarity

Covid round 2

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I had a great vacation and took a flight thru Ft Lauderdale to Chicago where most people were hacking up a lung And not masking. Despite masking I ended up with covid round 2 . Flight was Monday, felt like early bronchitis Tuesday.Tested neg for Three days and positive Friday. Just had video visit and Rx for paxlovid again .
Anyone else and was it easier the second time?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear that you got a second bout of Covid. I can't help with whether it is easier or not, but this is what scares me about flying. People know they are sick, still board the planes, and don't even try to avoid infecting people by masking up.

I hope you have an easy time of it and a quick recovery.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Prayers outgoing for a quick recovery!
I know some people who have had it 2 or more times and it varies a lot.
I think among them the second was less bad than the first the majority of the time.
For one however the first was mild(cold like), 2nd much worse and third mild(cold like).
She is a nurse and had a lot of exposure to it, after the third she moved up to a job with less patient contact.
Another 2 had it bad the first time and mild the second.
Another person has had it mild 4 times.

Prayers outgoing!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to hear you caught it again. DH caught it visiting family in Texas and gave it to me for the first time. For me it felt like a minor head cold but with but with fatigue so bad it took all my energy to blink. DH had it in his chest. I'm so happy we decided not to have people over for Thanksgiving (we were going to eat out) because we would have had to cancel at the last minute. The first time
DH had it, it almost killed him. He's always been in better physical shape than I've been. I don't know why I didn't get it the first time because it was right at the beginning of the pandemic before we knew about covid and before vaccines were available.

Fingers crossed you recover quickly.

Last edited:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In addition to Paxlovid which my over fifty year old family members say really helps, you could try nasal sprays FYI.

There’s a technical study from Cleveland Clinic but this link is a summary.

Asthma inhalers like Flonase and Budesonide also show efficacy to reduce Lung involvement. See PubMed.

Make sure you have vitamin D sufficiency.

In my experience, how sick we got had to do with the variant. Our family has had COVID twice (all of us at same time.) My kids had different (slightly more) symptoms than me and my vaxed husband, but recovered with negative PCR much quicker.

I‘m sorry you are going through this, hope you feel better soon.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear this @AprilBaby
i hope you are feeling much better soon

very few people mask now
we have just been very fortunate at work as we have really good ventillalation and there is a counter between us and Joe public plus we work afternoons solo

i have made a friend on the bus who has complications from a winter cold she cant shake, she wears a mask and has anxixty from all the others on the bus hacking and coughing like no one remembers cough into the elbow, her doctor agrees (that its gross and disgusting)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get well soon!

DK =)2

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you have an easy go at it. Feel better soon @AprilBaby .

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry you are dealing with this @AprilBaby. I’ve had it twice, and for me the second go around was easier, but that could just be anecdotal. I needed Paxlovid the first time , but got through the second time with just OTC meds and a zinc/vit D/vit C combo. Hope it’s easier for you this time.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear this and best wishes for an easier round this time!!

No, my second round was brutal. Obviously a different strain. Sorry to say.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs & healing vibes to you.

I had it in Aug 2021 (dodged it for 18 months despite working in a school right through) & it was pretty bad. I am amazed I haven’t caught it again (as far as I know, as fully vaxed) given there are ALWAYS children at school carrying it.

There have been a couple of teachers who’ve caught it again & for both of them the second time was much worse. My friend’s had it 3 times & both 2 & 3 were pretty non existent. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern & everybody responds differently.

I hope you are feeling better soon & over it swiftly.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the well wishes and stories. Twenty four hours in with the paxlovid I feel pretty darn good. My mouth tastes terrible but heh? hubs still has never had it so I’m good with quarantine but bored silly. If it were any other time I would not have tested and assumed I just had a bad head cold. Will test tomorrow and see if I’m still positive.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tested this morning, day 5 since 1st symptoms and day 3 since full blown. I’m negative! Thank goodness for Paxlovid!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear the good news!!! we have been praying 4 u and will pray that it has ran its course and all is well!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AprilBaby, I’m sorry you were sick with Covid again. Thankfully you didn’t get a bad case and are feeling better.

I spent many hours yesterday in the ER with my stepfather. It was packed with really sick coughing people not wearing masks.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results