shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this be the one?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ideal-scope look wonderful.

From the AGS polt it is my kinda'' SI2.
People often say avoid the stones with inclusions in the table - I usually found that advice is wrong.

This is a good example - it seems only to have some spread out very small inclusions that would not be visible individualy - only if they were closer together you culd see them.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 7:15:12 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
Ideal-scope look wonderful.

From the AGS polt it is my kinda'' SI2.
People often say avoid the stones with inclusions in the table - I usually found that advice is wrong.

This is a good example - it seems only to have some spread out very small inclusions that would not be visible individualy - only if they were closer together you culd see them.
...and what does the idealscope image tell you????????????
33.gif

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
Well I talked with Bob at WF, he looked it over again and said the inclusion in the middle can be seen. We did some more looking and found this H SI1, basically dropped down in color to H to improve to SI1, to make sure it''s eyeclean.

Here it is.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-673155.htm#

He''s holding it for me but I need to decide relatively soon. It''s more than what I wanted to spend. But I don''t know what to do. Being a grad student and not working yet, this is a good chunk of change.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Did you run a search on this page???
The second one had a thin-medium (MEDIUM) girdle, whereas the first was THIN.....(sometimes more inclined to become chipped).....

Cath

Shiny_Rock
jkb did you buy the H SI1? It''s now showing as "sold" on WF''s site.

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
Not yet, they''re holding it for me while I think about it, thus it shows up as sold. I really like it, but I don''t know if I could swing it finacially. I''ve been agonizing over it since yesterday.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
The H SI1 looks like a nice diamond to me.

Can I ask what your budget was and how much of a stretch the H SI1 is? It is only about $400 more than the first diamond you posted, but you didn''t say that the first diamond was a stretch...

Did you see this diamond as well? http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-5760403#

It''s one of Whiteflash''s Expert Selections, and it also looks very nice to me -- would want to make sure it is eye-clean though. It is closer in price to the first diamond you posted.

jkb_222

Rough_Rock
Yes the first was a stretch, what''s really killing me is the setting. I know she wants one with diamonds on both sides, so that''s another 1200. I figure I''m in this far, what''s another 500 to make sure it''s eyeclean and H&A.

What I struggle with is, does she even know about hearts and arrows, will she care? The one you posted seems to have an inclusion on the table, I know it''s SI1, but it looks like it''s more visible.

Thanks for your help and thoughts, I really appreciate bouncing ideas off of people.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I saw the inclusion in the table on the G SI1 I posted, but if you want to consider the diamond, just shoot a quick e-mail to Bob at Whiteflash and ask him if it''s eye-clean. No harm in asking just to be sure.

Can you tell us what your limits are? I know you''re looking for eye-clean. I assume minimum 1 carat? Is H as low as you want to go on color, or will you consider lower (possibly with fluor)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results