shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco halo ring

Chelsea Palmer

Rough_Rock
Hello, does anyone know who manufactures/designs Costco's jewelry? I am interested in a halo like this one, but I only need a setting, not a center stone. Or does anyone know where I might find a setting like this? Thank you in advance.
imageService

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can try looking at

You can not buy directly from there. You have to find a jeweler who uses them and get them to order it.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I don’t know that you will find a setting like that. The centre stone has to be set first in that style. The girdles of the halo stones extend over the centre stone. Sometimes these styles have the centre stone held in place with the halo stones.

Chelsea Palmer

Rough_Rock
I am amenable to resetting my solitaire.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Chelsea Palmer if you're wanting suggestions you have given us very little to go on. We don't even know how big your
center stone is. You need to post more pictures of settings you like.

You might try looking at James Allen to see if they have anything that you like (they do set outside stones). The settings do go
on sale usually during the pre-holiday season.

You might try Ritani also

Chelsea Palmer

Rough_Rock
This is the only photo I have. I saw this ring at Costco. It consists of a center stone with diamonds around it. My solitaire is 1.5 carats. I like this setting specifically because it's not an obvious halo. I don't know who designs Costco's jewelry. That's why I'm asking the Pricescope community. Thank you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your other option if you cant find that setting already made is to have it created for you.
A lot of Pricescopers have used David Klass to design/create pieces of jewelry.

Here are some similar settings except for no baguettes. They create CADS, wax if desired then the
actual setting. Just an option if you cant find the setting anywhere.

Similar cluster earrings

Chelsea Palmer

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU tyty333! Yes, I was trying to find some guidance on how to find something similar to this setting, because A) I do not know who designs Costco's jewelry or I'd ask them myself and B) I don't want to purchase the ring from Costco, because I don't need an entire ring; just a new setting. I will check out David Klass!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure DKJ could closely replicate the setting style in your original post, @Chelsea Palmer

But IMO the rings that they’ve done that @tyty333 posted are in a different category. I’d much prefer these instead, if you were to ask for that opinion, of course :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sure DKJ could closely replicate the setting style in your original post, @Chelsea Palmer

But IMO the rings that they’ve done that @tyty333 posted are in a different category. I’d much prefer these instead, if you were to ask for that opinion, of course :)

I agree. I prefer DKs versions to the costco design

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not keen on the Costco version as I don't like the look of the 4 prong/claw combination. It makes the setting look rather clunky IMHO.

Personal preferences and all that.

I would second the custom route to make the setting.

DK :))

Chelsea Palmer

Rough_Rock
Thank you all. I already heard from James Allen, who said they can't replicate the ring due to copyright reasons. And that is what my problem is. It's not necessarily that I have to have this exact setting; it's that I like the style of this setting. To me, it makes the center stone appear larger, without being an obvious halo. So if there is a name for this style (invisible halo, floating halo, etc.) that would possibly help me find a jeweler who can make a setting like this. Of course, if I could figure out who designs Costco's jewelry, I'd go straight to them. Again, thank you.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is what I would catabolise as a type of illusion setting. The halo stones are set over the centre stone to give the illusion of a larger stone. The four prongs around the edge are meant to give the illusion that it is a setting holding a larger diamond.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with @Jopdrop it is some sort of illusion setting.

Chelsea Palmer

Rough_Rock
Thank you. At least now I have something to go on:), An "illusion" setting. I will see if I can find any illusion settings.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you. At least now I have something to go on:), An "illusion" setting. I will see if I can find any illusion settings.

No worries. This is something that you will more than likely have to have custom made for you because of the way the stones are set. You would have to have your centre stone set before you can set the halo stones. I saw this style of ring coming mostly from China and India. It is likely Costco has bought it from an overseas supplier. These large scale manufacturers are usually very unwilling to work with customers stones or do anything as a one off/custom order. I’m sure you can find someone to custom make a setting like this for you, however the price will be a lot more than if you could buy it ready made.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good luck, however, my gut feel is that ready made illusion settings might not be that easy to find.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No worries. This is something that you will more than likely have to have custom made for you because of the way the stones are set. You would have to have your centre stone set before you can set the halo stones. I saw this style of ring coming mostly from China and India. It is likely Costco has bought it from an overseas supplier. These large scale manufacturers are usually very unwilling to work with customers stones or do anything as a one off/custom order.

Snap re: ready made illusion settings not easy to find for the reasons explained in your post.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results