shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco "fashion jewelery?"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, does anyone have any diamond jewelery from the costco "fashion jewelry" department v. the standard VS2 I color they promise for diamond eng. rings/pendants/etc.? I was wondering about their quality. The other day, I ordered two necklaces (just little simple ones) from Tiffany''s and they didn''t look at all like the photos (or at least they didn''t look like I imagined how they would on my neck) so I''m returning them. I still like the Roberto Coin necklaces, but while in costco I noticed they have similar designs that have twice the carat weight and are half the price of RC necklaces (they have a .2 tcw flower shape for less than $300). I haven''t gone back to check the quality yet since xmas stuff took precedence, so now I''m wondering if anyone knows more details before I go back after my kids get over their colds and I finish all my errands
1.gif

Thanks!

Michelle

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen some nice jewelry at Costco which was very reasonably priced... the quality was pretty good too. I would bring a loupe and try a few Costcos as they tend to carry different items in different locations. Good luck!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, thanks. I''m going to bring my loup as soon as I can find it. . .we moved about two weeks ago and still have most of our stuff in heaped up little pyramids of boxes all around our house and shop!

Hi, Michelle:

After shopping in both local stores and online, my fiance and I decided on an engagement that he purchased at Costco. I realize that you''re looking at their "fashion" line, but I can tell you about my experience with Costco:

1) Although their cert pieces say, "I or better," I was lucky to get a G VS1 emerald cut (1.17 c) with two .36 F stones on either side. Several jewelers, including two who are gemologists, told me that the stones are very nice, and that my fiance got one heck of a deal.

2) The setting for my ring is, well, lame. (It''s a "presentation setting" in 14k yellow gold.) I knew that going into it and I''m in the process of having it changed to a platinum band.

3) I beleive they have a pretty liberal return policy. (30 days?)

4) My research told me that they charge about 8% above their costs for their jewelry. That''s a pretty low mark up for a b and m store. Of course, you get NO help from their staff - they just don''t know anything about diamonds.

5) You may want to look into their "Executive Membership" program. With it, you can get a nice rebate back at the end of your membership year. My fiance will get well over $100 back.

6) I have always found that Costco wants to make their customers happy. I always feel good shopping there because they stand behind their products -- this has just been my experience.

Good luck - and I''d love to hear more about your decision process when you go back with the loop. Best, Mary

ragtop

Rough_Rock
hi michelle-

don''t know if you''ve had a chance to look at/buy the necklaces you were interested in, but i just got my first costco jewelry item, & i love it! it''s the wg 3-band stacking ring set...now, being a fashion piece, i''m not likely to go verify the "appraisal" that came with it, but i can say that i saw arrows in at least one of the larger rounds & it''s *very* sparkly! i''m fond of wide bands (this stacks to about 7mm wide), and i figured for $599, it was worth taking the $16 shipping gamble to order it...it came in a very nice wooden box, too! i say go for it if you haven''t already!

here''s the link, since i can''t easily do a pic:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11007025&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=3134&hierPath=108*3134*

-ragtop

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is very pretty and a great deal too! Thanks so much for your input. I''m actually planning to look more closely at the pendants tomorrow. It''s taken me forever to organize the trip to Costco two miles down the road from where my house is
9.gif

ragtop

Rough_Rock
it''s terrible how they put the jewelry near the front door...every time i go in to get milk & eggs lately, i find myself circling the diamonds like a hawk...:) i''m thrilled with the ring(s) - it''s another case of "the pic doesn''t do it justice"...hopefully it''ll help tide me over a bit until i get my one true sparkly!

have fun and good luck tomorrow!

-ragtop

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I love those stack rings!!!!!!!!
1.gif
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2005 5
6.gif
3:41 PM
Author: ragtop
it''s terrible how they put the jewelry near the front door...every time i go in to get milk & eggs lately, i find myself circling the diamonds like a hawk...:) i''m thrilled with the ring(s) - it''s another case of ''the pic doesn''t do it justice''...hopefully it''ll help tide me over a bit until i get my one true sparkly!

have fun and good luck tomorrow!

-ragtop
Thanks again for your input. I did check out the star with little diamonds necklace Costco has. It''s .22 tcw and is a sort of a hollow floating star but on a box chain so it doesn''t really float as much as other necklaces. The star is cute, but I didn''t like the chain
7.gif
Unfortunetly the necklace didn''t look right on me or maybe it was just my mood. . .either way, I''m still searching for a necklace and am tempted to just go with the first one I picked out a few months back (one at a mall jeweler
6.gif
) rather than keep hunting for the ultimate piece. Just need something fun!

ragtop

Rough_Rock
bummer! well, if it ain''t right, it ain''t right & you probably won''t wear it...

i know what you mean about needing something fun...i''ve been really bad lately...costco, signedpieces, american pearl...
20.gif

-ragtop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results