shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost to reset hoops

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Can any of the experts tell me if this is a waste of money/cost prohibitive all things considered...

I have a pair of nice hoops (not ideal stones, but nice).... front and back inside only, 13 stones/about.75-.80 in each ear maybe H color...But the stones are set so far apart each in four prongs (not shared prong as I had expected them to comeout)....

Is it just throwing good money after bad to have them reset so that they are in a shared prong setting/diamonds are close together (and add a few more stones as needed)? Would it just be cheaper to buy new hoops altogether ?

Thanks!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hir mmm

Do you have a photo? The answer sort of lies with how they are made. But based on your description, it might be better to start over. You could use the diamonds you currently have and add more but I suspect that the gold part would have to be made from scratch.

It might be better to sell the earring you got, or discuss an upgrade with the person who sold them to you to see if they will give you a reasonable credit towards what you really want.

Although you could remove half the stones, and replace those with colored stones, and use just half of them in the new earrings. This would cost you more but then you'd have two sets of diamond hoops.

Rockdoc

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks RockDoc! They are all the way at the bottom...
Not Jennifer's massive beauties!
The vendor was a flea market guy who I drove crazy when
I got these (image that :) ) I just thought they'd be shared prong when he showed me the empty
setting...They were a super price and I like the stones.. Is it crazy expensive to just have new
white gold settings made and add a few more stones so that the setting is delicate and shows off the stones...considering that the earrings were only
about $700...? I haven't been able to find pre-set pairs that have the look I want...

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/hangout/diamond-hoops-what-do-you-think-t31771-30.html

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
MMM,

Facets is custom making me a pair of 4ct. inside/out hoops as my Christmas gift from hubby. I asked for shared prong, so as soon as I get them, I''ll post a pic. (well, after the 25th.)

Good luck with yours.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Love em! Nice gift! I love shared prong...

I don't want to spend much more...I'm all tapped out from my vegas trip and a new pendant I'm getting. If it was a couple of hundred to reset with a few new stones I'd do it....I want to reuse my stones for that reason..

I love the shared prong look. I was a little disappointed in mine because I wanted my cz hoops but in diamonds...the czs are perfect shared prongs. There is just a lot of metal and spaces between my stones with these earrings...When he showed me the setting I didn't realize they were four prongs per stone. My mistake.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m crossing my fingers I love my new ones. We discussed it on the phone several times and I sent pics to Issac, but I just have to have faith. Facets did a great job on my eternity bands.

Can''t wait to see your new pendant. That is next on my list. How are you setting it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results