shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost to remake engagement ring?

massinger

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

My fiancee had a mishap with her engagement ring that led to the pictures I attached. It was too big for her ring finger, and when she tried it on her middle finger it got stuck and we had to get it cut off at the emergency room.

We sent it back to James Allen to get it repaired. They said it can't be repaired and needs to be remade, and that it will cost $550. The ring (not including the diamond) is a pave setting and originally cost $1725.

Does anyone have a sense of whether that is a reasonable price? Do you think I could do better by taking it to a local jeweler?

$550 is a sizable outlay for me, and unfortunately this is a much harder thing to research than the initial purchase of the ring, for which Pricescope was very helpful!

Thanks for any advice you can give.

brokenengagementring1.jpg

brokenengagementring2.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Massinger, I'm thinking if you move this over to Rocky Talky you will get more responses. Just click the report concern button and ask the mods to move it.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Did they explain why it can't be repaired? I hate to speak from a picture but it doesn't seem impossible to reshank the ring. Is there a good bench jeweler near you that you could ask?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results