shape
carat
color
clarity

cost of resizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
i saw a great ring at a retail store, but it is 2 sizes too small...any idea how much it costs (ballpark) to get a ring resized - I would need to bring it somewhere else. Also, how can I tell if it actually can be resized? does it need to be a certain thickness?

Thanks guys!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
It depends on the mm of the band....also the place you buy the ring like a maul store...would usually offer it for one free sizing or you can take it to a store and they would charge you around for 30-40. I got my promise ring at christmas and it was only $5 since he bought it at Kay''s...but ask around...give them a call...its not that much for the most part.

Hope that helps!!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 9:18:16 PM
Author:waterlilly
i saw a great ring at a retail store, but it is 2 sizes too small...any idea how much it costs (ballpark) to get a ring resized - I would need to bring it somewhere else. Also, how can I tell if it actually can be resized? does it need to be a certain thickness?

Thanks guys!
Unless it''s an eternity band or has a lot of prong-set diamonds on the band, you should be fine resizing. It doesn''t have to be a certain thickness, as they can add metal if they need to. I had a white gold ring resized and it came back to me with the band a little thinner at the bottom where they resized it, which I wasn''t thrilled with. Make sure to let the place know what you expect them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results