shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost of a 1 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RachelLevy

Rough_Rock
If I was interested in a 1 carat round diamond, E-G color, should I go SI1 or VS2? Around how much would it cost? My ring will have .25 carats of brilliants on the side.

Also what should the depth be on a 1 carat brilliant? What other measurements should I be aiming for?

~Rachel

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Read the tutorials on PS. Those will answer your question about what to look for in a diamond. In order of importance, diamond characteristics

1. cut
2. color
3. clarity
4. carat

You can get more bang for your buck with a diamond just under 1ct... don''t pay attention to carat weight, pay attention to dimensions. A 1 carat diamond should have a length-width of 6.5mm

My preference is for a total depth between 60.0 to 61.8 %

You can go for SI1 if it is eye clean. If you don''t want to do the work to find an eye-clean stone (about 50-50 chance) then go for a VS2 but you''ll pay more.

As for price, you can do a search on all kinds of PS vendors and get an idea of what it will cost

Color, is pretty personal...some people see color in anything lower than an F, some people can''t distinguish between an F and a J... soooo..

Good Luck

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Rachel,

I have to disagree with fortheloveofdiamonds on one point.

For the sake of argument I would suggest that carat is not the least important - it''s the most.

Look folks, if cut and and color and clarity are all more important than carat then why don''t I sell more .65ct D-IF diamonds?

Why does every guy calling my office want at least carat weight diamond?

What is the first thing every single person will notice about a diamond?

What is the first question every single person who see''s the diamond will wonder?

What good is a well cut diamond if it has visible black carbon in the middle?

What good are Hearts and Arrows on a diamond your girl thinks is yellow?

What do you think will get more attention and compliments: A one carat "super-ideal" or a 1.25ct "premium"? You sure about that answer?

Cut is very important - no doubt. But it''s just one factor in the equation. I would consider the four c''s EQUALLY important because you need BALANCE. Don''t lose that balance and you''ll be just fine...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results