shape
carat
color
clarity

Corrective Eye - Non Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve noticed in the past, a few PS posters have asked about corrective eye surgery. This article appeared on one of our current affairs shows a few nights ago. It may be of interest to those who are considering corrective eye surgery

I myself do not know if it works nor am I saying it will. Just letting you know about this so you can make up your own mind.

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/41381/health/corrective-eye-non-surgery

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That''s a good synopsis of the procedure. I worked in an office for several years (until my son was born), where that procedure was done often. It is a wonderful alternative to surgery.

If anyone has questions about "real life experiences" in this, I would be glad to share.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I just found out I am "not a candidate" for laser surgery
7.gif
7.gif
. I was really hoping to be able to snorkel on my honeymoon without contacts or a prescription mask. Does anyone know about how much this would cost?

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Isn''t it amazing how far technology can take us?! I, myself, actually just had LASIK surgery this past Thursday. I knew the risks going into the surgery room - I was nervous as hell, but the prospect of finally seeing again without "aides" was too strong to turn back.

Going through the steps with my surgeon (in all of the pre-surgery consultations), I found out that LASIK surgery is "somewhat" risky. With the advancements they have made in the past few years, I would say that the chances of something going wrong are very slim. 98% of LASIK patients see 20/20 or better. The other 2% all see an improvement, just not quite 20/20 vision. There is a 6% chance of infection - if you follow all rules, be very careful, sleep with your goggles, and take all necessary precautions in the early stages of healing, you will most likely not suffer any kind of infection.

I am on day 4 of seeing the world with my "new" eyes. I can say that I am beyond thrilled with the results. These new "contacts" seem like a great alternative to surgery. I know my FI would love to have the surgery, but is WAAAAAY too chicken to do it. He doesn''t like any "uncertainty" - and I completely understand...I knew what risk I was taking going under that laser, and some might say it''s not worth it. I''d love to hear about these contacts in a few more years - see how lasting its'' affects are. This seems to be a perfect solution to those unwilling to take the risks with LASIK. I know my FI will be beyond thrilled to hear about this newfound technology!

THANKS for the article!!

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 10:07:19 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/12/2007 8:01:57 AM
Author: indecisive
I just found out I am ''not a candidate'' for laser surgery
7.gif
7.gif
. I was really hoping to be able to snorkel on my honeymoon without contacts or a prescription mask. Does anyone know about how much this would cost?
You know, my step daughter wears glasses, and she was on a swim team, she bought a pair of prescription type goggles that she wore. Her Mom found them on ebay of all places, and they worked beautifullly.
That reminds me of the scene from Notting Hill where Hugh Grant''s character can''t find his glasses for his movie date with Julia Roberts so he wears his prescription diving mask!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2007 8:01:57 AM
Author: indecisive
I just found out I am ''not a candidate'' for laser surgery
7.gif
7.gif

Not ALL RX are appropriate for this procedure either. But, within our offices, the consultation could be done at the same time as a routine contact lens eye examination. A lot of the same diagnostic equipment is used for mapping out the corrective night lenses. Our office ran about $800. That was two years ago, it included all diagnostics, the contacts, and the follow-ups. Follow-ups are a MUST with this procedure. You can call around and ask if anyone in your area used Corneal Refractive Therapy. (Many offices have their own "name" for the procedure, but that is the generalized term.)

Also, if you''re able to do the CRT, there''s no ''risks'' other than those that are associated with rigid contact lens wear. And, if you stop wearing the lenses, your RX will return back to ''normal''.

I''ve done it myself as well as helped many others with this, so if you have any more questions, let me know.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results