shape
carat
color
clarity

Correction Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

So I went to get some insurance for my car this afternoon and as I was signing the papers the insurance broker was like "That is a cute ring and yellow diamond, who gave that to you?"

Now lets ignore the fact that he asked who gave it to me... because DUH... LOL.. but I am wondering what you guys think you would do in a situation like this. My center stone is a yellow sapphire. I just got my ring a week ago, and have already had quite a few people say similar things like "wow, that a huge yellow diamond" or "nice yellow diamond".
(For reference here is the pic thread: LINK )

So far I have been correcting the people that I know (friends, casual acquaintances, co-workers, etc..) but not correcting the random comments from people I don''t know (like the insurance broker).

Its not like I want to misrepresent anything, but I also don''t want to sit there and explain either.

IDK, just wondering what you guys thought...

12.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Just say "thank you" and that''s it!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
In general, I agree with surfgirl.

However, should you find yourself with lots of time on your hand (waiting rooms, airplanes, etc) I''d explain a little bit. Education is a good thing!

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
For most of the population out there, these are their thoughts:

Diamonds = white, champagne, pink or canary
Sapphires = blue

A lot of people have never heard of pink or yellow sapphires so I can understand why they would assume that yours is a canary diamond.

I have pink sapphires on my e-ring and people comment on my ''pink diamonds''. I just say ''nah, they''re actually pink sapphires''. They say something nice and then that''s the end of of....no long explanation needed.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
At least he didn't say, "What a nice ring, is that a CZ in the center?"
20.gif

Sorry, a little irked at ring-comments from random people today!!

If someone mistook one of my stones for something else I probably wouldn't bother to correct them (except in the CZ case, of course!!!). Especially people you'll never see again!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. Just smile and say thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results