shape
carat
color
clarity

Cook Yourself Thin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
anyone watch the show (lifetime) or own the cookbook? Some of the food looks really good and I thought it might be fun if any of you have tried and like the food to share.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
when is it on? I will have to check it out!!!
3.gif
eta: Laurenfischer but a link in our recipe thread http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes
wow these look good
18.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Moroccan Shrimp with Spices
1 pound raw large shrimp
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
the juice of 1 lemon
the leaves from a bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
lemon wedges to serve

Remove the shells, legs, heads, and tails from the shrimp. Cut along the back with the point of a sharp knife and remove the dark thread.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the garlic, and cook until it becomes aromatic, about 30 seconds. Stir in the cumin, ginger, paprika, and cayenne pepper, heat for about 30 seconds, then add the shrimp and lemon juice. Fry quickly, stirring, until the shrimp turns pink. Stir in the cilantro, heat for about 30 seconds, then serve the shrimp with the cooking juices spooned over and accompanied by lemon wedges. Serve w/ couscous, rice, or angelhair pasta.

I saw this recipe and it sounds really good!!! I prepared garlic lime shrimp ontop of salad last night and that was really tastey... I''m thinking of trying this maybe next week.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, thanks for posting the link. I should have! I am not sure when it airs b/c my DVR is set to tape series. I think you can watch some of the episodes online (at that link). They cut the calories in half in commonly favorite foods. I just saw one with chicken tenders that I am dying to try!

tlh, let us know if you like it and if it was easy to make. They claim all their food is. I think there are lots of stuff that looks good and could really help live a healthier lifestyle.

ETA: I ordered the cookbook on Amazon last night so will let you guys know what is in it once I get it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow the episode I am watching right now shows a turkey burger (topped with pepper jack cheese & avocado), sweet potato fries AND a chocolate shake for 600 calories! For ALL of that! I may be in love. Guess I need to try it first though. Haha.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Me and my husband have tried some of the recipes and they are so delicious. Especially the grilled chicken caesar salad!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 12:16:52 AM
Author: laurenfischer5
Me and my husband have tried some of the recipes and they are so delicious. Especially the grilled chicken caesar salad!

I saw the one with the chicken caesar and my mouth was watering! What other ones have you tried?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:51:54 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Wow the episode I am watching right now shows a turkey burger (topped with pepper jack cheese & avocado), sweet potato fries AND a chocolate shake for 600 calories! For ALL of that! I may be in love. Guess I need to try it first though. Haha.

Oh my goodness. HOW DO I NOT HAVE THIS COOKBOOK?

That sounds amazing. Reaaaaally amazing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 8:51:54 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
YUM that sounds good!!! keep us posted on the cookbook! I watched a clip where they made shrimp spring rolls. mmmmmm
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results