shape
carat
color
clarity

Consumers Gem Lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fcres

Rough_Rock
Just curious to whether any one has used Consumers Gem Lab to evaluate any diamonds from online retailers (GoodOldGold, WhiteFlash, NiceIce etc.) Just curious to how the process went, what you had done, what it costs in comparison to other appraisers, and if anyone has any advice on the subject. If you have used them or a similar firm, did you get to physically inspect at the rock after they had appraised it? To clarify, the E-tailer sends the diamond directly to Consumers Gem Lab. If it gets their approval, can they send it to you for visual inspection, or immediately back to the E-tailer.
Thanks for the help!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
fcres,

The appraiser from CGL is a regular poster here under the name Rockdoc. You can use the search function at the top of the page so see comments people have made about him and also to see advice that he''s given. He is very highly regarded.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

fcres

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info Neil. The credentials listed on his website are amazing.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Thank you fcres and DenverAppraiser for the nice and courteous comments.

Rockdoc

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
RockDoc is one of the guys who wear a white hat..... He is one of a relatively small number of us who will do a good job on the appraisal of a diamond for consumers. No problem , lots of equipment and great credentials.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a consumer I have read diamond newsgroups since 1999. Both Rockdoc and Oldminer have been named as appraisers many times on these different newsgroups and posters have been very pleased with their service.

Rockdoc has sometimes made appearances in court to testify for important clients regarding gemology and Oldminer I saw a post of at the Las Vegas (I think) gemshow where he was wearing the GIA badge and was a representative on their stall regarding gemology. Many posters have also praised Chris who I believe is another appraiser who works for Oldminer (Dave Atlas).

Both appraisers I would not hesitate to go with. I am presently saving for a diamond purchase and intend to use either of them for my appraisal.

I have also read posts from Richard Sherwood on this forum for a few years now and he is another great appraser with many happy customers also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results