shape
carat
color
clarity

Consignment vs Selling on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkling

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend has a diamond from a previous engagement w/ a GIA cert and nice specs.

How long would it likely take to sell it on consignment, like via DCD''s website? Would we
do better there than on Ebay? The place he purchased it from has a trade-up policy but I''m not
seeing anything I like on their webpage.

Sparkling

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 8:54:11 AM
Author: windowshopper
i had a very good experience with www.selljewelry.com
My question is, once they buy it from you, who do they sell it to? Just curious. I''ve been to their site once before.

kalgal

Rough_Rock
Does this ring come from a B&M or is it internet based? I am aksing because I would not be discouraged if you do not see what you like on their webpage. Call/visit them and tell them what you are looking for. My jeweler always has ideas/suppliers he works with for other designs -- he cannot afford to have everything on display.

My guess is you will get more from the trade up than from consignment - but it is just my guess.

Kalgal

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried contacting the original Vendor of the diamond and chatting with them about what you are looking for? Even though they don''t currently have it, they could possibly bring something in for you. The Vendors are restocking now after the VDay sales flurry. A diamond meeting your specs may already be on it''s way to them. Maybe give the Vendor a call and chat a bit.

Ebay can be quick, but the price you get will be low. Consignment will give you a bigger ROI but can take longer. Either approach may not yield a good value for your current diamond. Will upgrade give you 100% of the purchase price applied to the new diamond without requiring you to spend double (or triple) on the new stone?
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2005 8:56:33 AM
Author: Diamonds4Me

Date: 2/16/2005 8:54:11 AM
Author: windowshopper
i had a very good experience with www.selljewelry.com
My question is, once they buy it from you, who do they sell it to? Just curious. I''ve been to their site once before.
jewelers in the estate/second hand vintage business.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Windowshopper,

If you don''t mind me asking, what type of jewelry were you selling? Did you get a fair value or was it well below what you paid? I''m curious because I have a couple of pieces I''d like to sell and Ebay has not proven very effective.

Thanks!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd avoid ebay if I were you. People who bid there are looking for a deal. I sold a pair of earrings on there and put up a small reserve hoping that the bids would go up way above this amount, but the winning bidder just bid about 1/3 over the price I had reserved at. I barely got any money and the woman who won was thrilled beyond belief with her deal. Ebay is definetly a buyer's market.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results