shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering altering wedding colors.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 4:13:46 PM
Author: ladypirate
One more that I think fits our original theme:
I think this one and the last one you posted would be lovely! They''re just a more muted version of your original color scheme and I don''t think they compete with your wedding dress like the original bold colors. Love ''em!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok ok, how is this?

Some blue delphinium, orange/peachy roses, white to give it some contrast and soften it, wedding invites from WPDs.

Yes? No?

BTW, I adore that bouquet that EM1 posted. GORGEOUS!

LP inspiration collage from Freke.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Freke, could you email me the full size pictures of the two bouquets you posted in that last collage? I'm getting pictures together to email to the florists and I want to include those. :)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2009 4:30:01 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ok ok, how is this?

Some blue delphinium, orange/peachy roses, white to give it some contrast and soften it, wedding invites from WPDs.

Yes? No?

BTW, I adore that bouquet that EM1 posted. GORGEOUS!
this looks good.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
But of course!
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I''m a bit late here, but i just wanted to add that you don''t have to use ALL of your colors in each element of the wedding. You could easily include that beautiful indigo color in the invitations, table decor and NOT use it in the flowers.

I really like the feel of the first two new boards you did. You can easily keep that feel while still using your indigo color as a stragicially placed accent. I think what you are realizing is that you want your event to look thoughtful and cohesive, and that those modern flower combos might not be the best compliment for your dress. I think softer flowers would look better and I really like the unique flowers your florist has shown you. What about using those flowers and adding an indigo ribbon? Indigo is such a strong color you can easily use it sparingly and still get a great impact out of it.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I love the indigo, or you could go with the lavender, still looks a great accent colour, but probably easier to pull off.

I think the problem with that picture is the dress colour is way too bright? I don''t think it''s a very good sample, so don''t let it put you off.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I think that, usually, using complementary colors like that *is* too jarring. Now I did blue and orange, but I kept the blue to a navy. The blue was also pretty much only in the BM dresses while everything else was more orange. Doing two complementary colors of the same brightness level (vividness? I don''t know the term) is kind of a shock to the senses. Just like doing bright red and green; or bright purple and yellow. I think one of the two needs to be more muted for the combo to work.

I really really like the light green though! I think it''s more cohesive. Or maybe using a softer or a darker blue.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this combination!

6a00d8341c54b653ef00e54f8f6e128833-800wi.jpg

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
LP
I was in the same boat as you with a very vibrant color palette. The bm dresses are pool blue, which is a really bright and vibrant blue. I was so worried about flowers clashing with the bright dresses. We just got back from booking the florist, and decided to use creams and greens (ivory gerberas, cream green roses and green pom pom mums; green apple green is our other color.) for BM's flowers, and use the bright and vibrant flowers for my bouquet only (which will be magenta gerberas and green cymbidium orchids). The florist said using bright flowers with the bright BM's dresses would be an eyesore, like the orange dresses and purple flowers do. The neutral BM's flowers look great against the bright dresses. With that suggestion, I LOVE your color scheme, and you can definitely make it work with some creative thinking with flowers. You could use the bright flowers for you and use more neutral flowers (creams and maybe peachy oranges) for the BM's. Were tying all of them together by using ivory ribbon to tie the stems, or they suggested I could have magenta ribbon with ivory ribbon for the BM's.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
This could work great for your bouquet! Then, a neutral color like ivory for the BM's would be tied in to your bouquet.

07BB32D.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results