shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering a Hearts on Fire (HOF) what should I know

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lynne160

Rough_Rock
looking into a HOF ~1.70-2.0 what should I be looking for ?? I know the cut will be excellent what else do i need to pay attention to when i see the stone?

your help is muc appreciated.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
How it compares to other options at a lower price?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don''t think you have to be worried over much of anything with such a nicely cut stone, BUT you can switch gears and consider if the diamond is competitive with others of equal or highly similar cut quality, weight, color and clarity without the HOF brand name applied. If the diamond is highly competitive in price with its equals, then there is little problem other than paying for it and making sure it is in perfect condition after the jeweler has set it into a mounting. If there are pricing issues, now is the time to shop a little more if you want to know how well you are going to do.

The bargain is always obtained during the buying process. What you pay now will determine the long term financial benefits of ownership. We don''t suggest diamonds as outright investments, but the less you pay for equal quality diamonds, the better the financial side works out in the years to come.

gontama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 8:06:19 PM
Author:lynne160
looking into a HOF ~1.70-2.0 what should I be looking for ?? I know the cut will be excellent what else do i need to pay attention to when i see the stone?

your help is muc appreciated.
Yes HOFs are a very well cut diamond. All HOFs I have seen (7) were all nice. Their settings are nice too.

You should be looking for the best performing HOF you can get. Among such nicely cut diamonds, there are still difference in performance and visual property visible to the naked eye. One needs to compare diamonds in person to see this, even better if she/he does so when/after she/he gets used to looking at diamonds.

You would want to make sure that the one (HOF) you choose perform at least as well as what you could get from vendors here. It is not guaranteed at all. Paying for HOF premium is fine as it is like paying for Tiff for valid reasons people value. What you may not want to do is to pay premium for what does not perform as well as diamonds that are more consumer friendly priced unless HOF brand itself is of the most importance.

I never discourage you to seek for a HOF diamond. Hope you get the best of HOFs. I also considered HOF and other brands as well as other vendors here. Despite the premium, I would have got a HOF if they had outperformed what I got. My experience has not proven their famous claim I am not going to repeat here. Some were comparative to what I got. Some are not as good as what I got. None of them (what I have seen) outperformed what I got. The best HOF would probably outperform the average of what are offered by vendors here. Likewise the best diamonds you can get from vendors here outperform average HOFs. If you compare the best HOF and the best diamonds you find elsewhere, I imagine they are very close to each other.

One salesperson at a B&M exaplained to me that the reason my diamond looks better than their HOF is because my diamond has higher color than their HOF. Another salesperson at another B&M claimed there is nothing better in HOF than high quality diamonds he can get elsewhere for me. This B&M carries both HOF and others. I have then made up my mind.

lynne160

Rough_Rock
if i put a HOF in the Holloway advisor will it come out perfect?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 6:00:41 AM
Author: lynne160
if i put a HOF in the Holloway advisor will it come out perfect?
there is no ''perfect''.
also, keep in mind that there are going to be differences for every diamond. even hof. not every diamond is cut the exact same.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also looked at HOF when I was first looking. But what I found out was that there were other companies cutting diamonds equal to HOF and some charge much less than the HOF brand. Let me emphasize that I wanted a diamond equal to or better than HOF, and I did get it. In fact, I got a ring diamond and diamonds for studs for about the same amount as an equivalent HOF ring stone. In other words, HOF are terribly overpriced! Two companies on here that specifically sell Hearts and Arrows diamonds are WhiteFlash and Good Old Gold, and I mention these because I have bought from both and am satisfied that their inventories represent very fine quality and a far greater selection than did my local HOF dealer. You can find some H&A stones at other PriceScope vendors as well. At WF, the top stones are called A Cut Above (ACA), and at Good Old Gold, they are called Hearts and Arrows. You can use the cut quality search tool above to check on stones with the specs you are interested in. Be sure to put in excellent-excellent for cut.

https://www.pricescope.com/sift.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results