shape
carat
color
clarity

Confusing measurement on emerald cut, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

passingthrough

Rough_Rock
I''ve been searching for a very well cut emerald cut in the 1.2 - 1.5 carat range in order to pop the question soon. I''ve seen some with brilliance scope measurements but one dealer I''m working with has given me just a refraction % of 92% on one 1.21 diamond I''m interested in (photo of provided measurement data below).

Can anyone help me understand if this measurement is meaningful? Or offer any opinions on whether this appears to be a good one based on the diamond cert data below (GIA)? I have asked the dealer if he can provide the crown height also and am waiting for the answer.

I need all the help I can get so thanks in advance!

Regards,
David

$7200
6.7 x 5.32 x 3.7
1.21 carat
Clarity VVS2
Color E
Depth 69.5
Table 67
Girdle Thick
Culet None
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Good
em-lightandpic2.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It looks decent, I would probably prefer a higher crown % (its hard to judge from the picture)

And would probably want a bit smaller table around 65%

I would also prefer a slightly larger corner breaks. you have to imagine th prongs on the corner. (they shouldnt cover the whole corner break)

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results