shape
carat
color
clarity

confused

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chirp

Shiny_Rock
hi I''M new here

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Chirp,
Can I help you? What are you confused about?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Don''t be confused ...just jump in and hang on!
9.gif
Keep both hands on the wheel...we''ll help you with the rest!

Oh Welcome!!
35.gif
§

chirp

Shiny_Rock
well, I''m a diamond addict and believe you are the ones to help and understand me :) in my country (Turkey) there usually are H-J stones, round in general. Although I love LOVE love emerald cuts, they are soooooo rare. I have a jeweller whom I trust and he''s got one; yet it is kinda yellow.I''m guessing k color. It was set in yellow gold but not sure how much this would change the color of a stone. The jeweller would give this 1.33 stone for 5000 dollars which is a bargain in Turkey.He can''t sell it cause everybody wants rounds. (a 1.25 I EC was 8000 dollars in another store.) Now, 1) should I take the deal and maybe set it in an antique wg or maybe pink gold 2) should ask him to find a smaller but whiter EC- to keep the budget 2) should I get a quality round which, may be easier?
I have size 4 fingers and 1.33 looks great on me but would people say ''she has a big but yellow rock'' ???
sorry it''s so long but I really need your advice. thanks

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chirp,

Welcome to Pricescope. Wow, Turkey is so far away.

Since you are asking about diamonds, I''d PM the admin (Andrey or Ali) to move your post to Rocky Talky where you''ll get more help.

I believe that a YG setting will influence the look of the diamond a little, which is why yellow diamonds are set in yellow gold and pink diamonds are set in rose gold. You could be getting a bargain but without more information, I really can''t tell. Do you have other information on the stone like the clarity, depth, table, etc?

Are you planning to upgrade your stone? If so, then you may want to stick to rounds since it appears that most jewellers in Turkey will take it back. If this is IT, then welcome to the wonderful of step cut stones.

chirp

Shiny_Rock
thank you. I''ve posted the same text to rocky-talky hope it works.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results