shape
carat
color
clarity

Confession: I want to be engaged again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I don't want to go back in time and I don't want to commit to a different man
3.gif

I just want to wear my rings by themselves without a wedding band!
39.gif
I like they way they look by themselves... I think my fingers look longer and thinner, and the look is cleaner and prettier.

Maybe I haven't found the right wedding band?? I am thinking about getting a really thin eternity to wear with the diamond solitaire...

Does anyone else feel this way?

(ps forgive the puffy fingers, I am pregnant
41.gif
)

dreamerringyrings.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Me too! I think my ring looks prettier by itself, but I have worn a wedding band for 14 years now. I think it would feel weird not to have one on. I have been thinking about getting a very thin plain band to go with my e-ring (it has pave side stones), or having my ring reset into a solitaire and getting a very thin eternity band. I can''t make up my mind.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my rings by themselves all the time! I say switch it up if your DH doesn''t care DD (and of course if other fingers are the same). I often wear my WB by itself on my left hand and my sapphire alone on might right hand, or sometimes my diamond alone on my right...I love to switch things around.

But I agree with the preggo thing. So sad, most of my rings won''t fit. Luckily my WB still is fitting at least!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
DD - I do! I do!

I LOVE my ering. Love it to death. I like the matching band alright, but I think it looks so much nicer just with the ering...

So yeah, I feel you.

Sometimes I'll just wear my ering...DH couldn't care less...and it makes me happy and appreciate the sparklie more!

btw, I am going to need to see more pictures of your sapphire ring. Like now!!!

ETA - I need to see your sapphire ring as well, NF. NOW!
31.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I wear my rings alone all the time--no band needed! Especially my reset--it really looks better alone. And I definitely wear my three stone sans band. I was really into stacking bands, and now I don't want to wear them--haHA!

Wear your rings however you choose!
1.gif

Congratulations on your pregnancy DD!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I hear you on the wearing the rings alone.... but I don''t feel right withouta band. I''m also looking for a band that meshes better with my ering.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so with you, DD!

I went to the jeweler last night to try on some spacers or small bands to wear between my e-ring and wedding band because I missed having the definition between one band and the other.

I ended up falling in love with a teeny tiny rose gold band with micropave on it. I thought I''d want a plain band, but this guy gives the perfect amount of contrast while still looking like a part of my set. And who can turn down a bit more bling?

I''ll have to post pictures when I get the band. I put it on my wish list for Chanukah.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Are your fingers close enough in size that you could wear the wb on your right hand? I have a split shank setting and didn''t like any wedding bands next to it, so I actually always wear my wb on my right hand. Different cultures wear the wedding band on different fingers/hands anyway, so this way you''re pretty much covered no matter what! LOLOL
3.gif

Congrats on the pregnancy!
36.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well, I hear ya!
1.gif
I got my rings (long!) after I was married, so I never had a chance to wear my e-ring by itself. And oh, it looks GORGEOUS alone.
30.gif
But I am just not comfortable wearing it by itself (I don''t like looking "engaged" instead of "married")... so except for a rare "every now and then", I always wear the two rings together.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sadly my fingers are a whole size different on my two hands... and I really only like to wear one ring! I am a simple gal.

I think if my rings were more substantial or ornate, I would wear them by themselves, like Coati suggested. But they are still modest and really look like engagement rings and I just don''t want people thinking I am engaged. Mostly I don''t want my students thinking this, as I feel that being married adds a little bit of authority with the college kids.

Sighhh... I think I am going to need a super thin wedding band so that it looks like I am not wearing too much on my finger?? Or maybe I just need to not care whate people think and wear what I like.

I''ve been eyeing this band from signed pieces... http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=2173 But are such thin bands durable or is there a delicacy factor? I am not delicate.
11.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to be engaged again, but because of all the excitement. My wedding was nice but planning was stressful. I get envious when I hear of couples who are having lovely weddings. I wear my e-ring by itself all the time. I picked my e-ring and w-band as separate pieces and they don''t match or go together at all.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I totally thought I''d hate wearing my w-band all the time because I loved my e-ring alone so much, but man...I never want to be engaged again!! My e-ring looks naked without her w-band bff. Now I just want to be married for another 10-15-20-25 years so I can get a mad bling anny band! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results