shape
carat
color
clarity

Confession #2 (somethin'' about an OEC)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
oh wow....it is gorgeous and so is that setting!! Beautiful! I would definitely leave it in the setting.

karencluff

Rough_Rock
oh! this is so neat! I love it! the shape it gives is incredible. Congrats!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What a great find!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely gorgeous. I adore it.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Good morning lovely! I love the setting!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! what a fun and sparkly RHR!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/6/2008 6:38:43 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
OMG...I just fell out of my chair. This is gorgeous!! I can see why you went back for it, congratulations!
LOL get up! you might miss out some other pics!

Yes, i''ve been busy on the diamond front. busy spoiling myself!
Here are two of my mottos.. I have a few of them :)
Don''t'' wait for that special moment, it may never come
If you don''t spoil yourself, nobody else will.

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
wow! your new ring is just oozing with character! wonder what''s it''s story is? can''t wait to see what you decide!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Just lovely!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh no no no no!!! Don''t take it out of that setting just to send it to GIA!!! I can''t imagine having that beauty damaged just for a piece of paper!!!!!

If you feel the need to have the setting "worked on" please, Please, PLEASE make sure to give it to someone who has the capability to restore it properly! I just have all these horrible images going through my head of that magnificient piece of delicate vintage work mangled my someone trying to "fix" it. (re: plastic surgery gone bad!)

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 11:39:25 AM
Author: mommy2iz
wow! your new ring is just oozing with character! wonder what''s it''s story is? can''t wait to see what you decide!
I''m thinking, for now, to keep it in it''s original setting and just get the lower part of the band replaced/fixed.
When I''ve refilled my bank account, I might put it in a platinum setting with more bling :) But I''m definitely going
to stick with an octagon bezel.

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the knife''s edge I was talking about on the bottom portion of the setting.
It is very thin and sharp. That will be the 1st project for this ring; to get a new
bottom peice.

knifesedge.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking at a very similar OEC ring-this just might push me over the edge to buy it!

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 3:29:08 PM
Author: stepcutnut
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking at a very similar OEC ring-this just might push me over the edge to buy it!
I don''t mean to be a bad influence
emwink.gif

but i just adore my oec!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
MommaBear-LOL,a sparkly enabler!!! I own a 3 stone OEC ring, but am looking at a larger one
2.gif

MommaBear

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 8:14:22 AM
Author: stepcutnut
MommaBear-LOL,a sparkly enabler!!! I own a 3 stone OEC ring, but am looking at a larger one
2.gif
Tehehehehe?
Where are they pics for your trio
Larger one!?? What are the stats?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Mommabear-Here is my 3 stone OEC ring(I am only posting it because you asked), set in rose gold-each approx. .85ct.

3 OEC ring is rose gold2.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Going to be reset like this :)

3 OEC longitudinal bezel ring.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I haven't had the stones taken out of the setting yet, so I am a little worried about their symmetry! One of the white OEC has a higher crown and much smaller table, so am worried that the difference would be really noticeable in bezels. Also, I am unsure what metal I should use...I love them set in rose gold right now.

The other OEC I was looking at is 2.5ct, H color-set in Plat.---but now I found another, that I think will haunt me if it doesn't come home with me! We'll see what they want for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results