shape
carat
color
clarity

Concerns about my Ebay purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

falcon299

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the information you posted about this item. I had arranged with this person to purchase the ring, but after finding this information I cancelled the purchase before sending payment. In case you are interested, below is the seller's(Manevrain2) gramatically poor and slightly desperate email response:

Hello,
I really don't know what are you no talking about!
I end my auction early so it was no winner on my item as that jerke said that it was the winner of my auction.I also never asked $ 5000 for this ring!
Please check and you will see!
I am not a scammer if that are you trying to say,i have a wife and 3 kids!
If i will scam you i can take 15 years in a federal prison! My little daughter is just 2 years old!
He need me as a father! I hope you have kids and you know how i feel when i about familly and most important the kids!
I will not risk,my reputation,my freedom and the future of my kids for $ 2500!
As i said i am not a scamer and i am gona profe you that!
I will ship you the ring first and as a profe i will ask UPS to send you a ship notification! For my safety i will ask UPS to provide you the tracking number only after the payment is clear!
I'm waiting for your shortly reply!

findre

Rough_Rock
WELL here it goes again, fraud.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2678664640&category=42947

falcon299

Rough_Rock
Yes, I notice the seller made the auction private so we can't email the bidder. I don't know if it will do any good but I have reported the seller to Ebay...maybe Ebay will remove the item if some more people report it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The link no longer works so Ebay probably pulled it. From what I know, they are pretty good about that kind of stuff. Keep reporting him and eventually they will most likely cancel his account.

I sold a 2ce used Coach purse 2 weeks ago with a BIN..a bunch of emails went unanswered to the winner. First time ever. So finally she responds saying she doesn't know who I am but her eBay info was stolen and someone bid on a bunch of things without her knowing. Said she reported it to eBay but please to cancel the auction. I ran a history on her bids and guess what? In last 7 days my auction was the only one her 'stolen' account bid on. Why would they only bid on one item esp after she said many? I felt it was buyers remorse and told her so, she said I was accusing her and she didn't appreciate it, etc. So I just let it go and told her I had to report her as a NPB to get my fees back; and if she had really reported fraud on her account, eBay would not penalize her. But if she was lying to me, they would give her the black mark. I didn't hear back from her. Relisted the auction, it was BIN'd and I am dealing with the buyer now for shipping. He wants to ship to an unconfirmed gift address but I am leery...alot of Xmas fraud going on. Anyhow...the sometime joys of dealing with eBay. But it's a $100 sale and I've got Xmas presents to pay for, so we do what we must!
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/15/2003 12:50:31 AM Mara wrote:

He wants to ship to an unconfirmed gift address but I am leery...alot of Xmas fraud going on. Anyhow...the sometime joys of dealing with eBay. But it's a $100 sale and I've got Xmas presents to pay for, so we do what we must!
1.gif

----------------

How is he paying? If he sends you a money order then you covered anyway. It a shame that the few ruins it for the rest. In my business, people are stealing images on websites & listing on ebay - of course they don't have the product - just the hijacked pics.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was PayPal instant transfer which I believe means bank account to bank account....so I highly doubt someone hacked into their eBay account, bought my purse, paid immediately through PayPal through their stolen bank account which matches the eBay account. I think I'm being paranoid but who knows. Also the person seems to not be emailing me back BUT they are emailing me asking why I'm not responding. So something seems to be up with email. Tricky.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 12/15/2003 12:19:07 PM Mara wrote:

It was PayPal instant transfer which I believe means bank account to bank account....so I highly doubt someone hacked into their eBay account, bought my purse, paid immediately through PayPal through their stolen bank account which matches the eBay account. I think I'm being paranoid but who knows. Also the person seems to not be emailing me back BUT they are emailing me asking why I'm not responding. So something seems to be up with email. Tricky.
----------------

Ebay & all it's protocol. FYI - w/ AOL spam blocker -only about 85% of the invoices come through to me from sellers. I'm constantly getting confused sellers w/ my "I didn't receive your invoice" emails. So, it's best from email account to email account. I don't even click on their email address anymore. I type it in the write mail. It's been better the last month or so. But, I'm sure AOL will find a way to block the "spam" once again like they do with my pricescope email notifications. Perhaps some other ISP's do the same. Just a thought.

Yes, I am a dinosaur. Not only am I on AOL, fondly refered to as internet with training wheels, I am also still on dial-up.

falcon299

Rough_Rock
It's nice to see Ebay pulled the auction only 24 hours after I notified them...pretty good response!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results