shape
carat
color
clarity

compare 2 princess diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blue3eb

Rough_Rock
I''m a newbie, but been reading for awhile on here and was hoping to get some advice on two diamonds I''m looking at!

A.)
Cut
Princess Cut Diamond
Carats
1.08 Carat
Clarity
VVS2 (Loupe clean)
Color
I - White (near colorless)
Polish
Very Good
Symmetry
Very Good
Measurements
5.7 x 5.44 x 4.17 mm
Depth
76.7%
Table
66%

B.)
Cut Princess Cut
Carats
Clarity
VS2 (Loupe Clean)
Color
J (near colorless)
Polish
Very Good
Symmetry
Very Good
Measurements
5.51 x 5.36 x 3.89 mm
Depth 72.6%
Table 68%

This is all the info I have on the diamonds, so just from this info, which one do you all think is better?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
color really starts to show in squares such as princess cuts and these are both at the edge. if you could drop in clarity, say to SI1, and go up in color, it would probably be a better compromise. imo

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2004 12:17
6.gif
4 PM
Author: belle
color really starts to show in squares such as princess cuts and these are both at the edge. if you could drop in clarity, say to SI1, and go up in color, it would probably be a better compromise. imo
Maybe blue likes a little warmth to her diamonds, as I do....?
4.gif

Hiya Blue!
35.gif
The I''s a little deep but the J sounds interesting - do you have the crown height of either or an idealscope image?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i shouldn''t have assumed blue might like the lighter colors
2.gif

my bad

blue3eb

Rough_Rock
I don''t have the crown height and measurements on all those things, or a light scope thingy!

I''m buying it from someone on ebay, and they have a 100% feedback, plus a money back guarantee. I was leary of buying from ebay, but with the money back guarantee, and the 100% feedback, and the fact that I have already arranged to have the diamond appraised and checked out by a reputable GG and NAJA guy the second I receive the diamond, I figure at the price I''m getting them, it can''t hurt to at least buy it and have it checked out. If it''s really not what he says it is, or it just doesn''t look right, I''ll send it back! End of story!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The second stone has better numbers (I wouldn''t touch the first one), but with a J in color it probably will be pretty yellow. Some people have J''s in princess cuts that face up very white, but I doubt you''ll get that off of Ebay. There''s always a chance, but...I would make sure the return policy works.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you''re taking a chance w/ebay, you must be getting a *super* deal!?

blue3eb

Rough_Rock
Thank you

Yeah, the second stone is actually cheaper than the first one too! The only thing about it that scared me was that it was J color. Well it also scared me about buying it from ebay, but like I said, if he has 100% feedback, I''m sure he''s had to have some returns before, so his return policy must be effective.

Granted, if it gets here and it''s really yellow, I might send it back anyway, but it''s hard to pass on this seeing as he''s selling me the diamond for $2200! I just figure what can it hurt to get it here and check it out. It might be a great find!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
best of luck!

make sure to let us know how it turns out..............

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results