carat
color
clarity

Company Christmas party

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
movie zombie|1412283417|3760830 said:
your hubby is in management?
tell him to lighten up and get with the "think outside the box" program the company is showing they like!
at the very least he should wear a ren faire feather hat!

too bad it isn't cross bow target shooting which I think would be a hoot.......

and who cares what the rest of the attendees think?!
you'll be the one having the most fun!

glad you're going to throw yourself into it a bit....might take the edge off for everyone else that feels disappointed as well.

I see what you did there. :lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
OMG why have I not done this? Axe throwing surprise party for DH this year. We're in KW now, but most of our friends are in the GTA. What a cool idea for the right group.

That said, I work at an engineering firm and while some people would love it, I know a decent number would hate it. Not exactly a bring your spouses work event type of thing.

We had our company retreat in collingwood and it included a zip line. The amount of complaining out of some people was astounding.

Sounds like you're on the more adventurous side so hope you have fun!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Figured I'd revisit an old thread since I never in a million years thought they could top ax throwing (which we were unable to attend due to pre commitment in the USA for thanksgiving). However last year, they decided to have it at lucky strikes bowling ally. Another classy choice.

This year...it's ping pong. I told my husband I'm tired of waiting for a nice event to wear a semi formal gown I've been hoarding away for a few years, so I'll be rockin it at a ping pong party. Can't believe they are doing ping pong, but what do I know. Again I asked my husband if it was a joke, thinking there was NO WAY this could be true but alas it is. He's been with the company 10 years and we have been together almost 7. The first 5 years were all nice dinner parties, then a murder mystery dinner, which was unique, then the ax throwing, bowling ally and now ping pong. I told him he's joining the holiday party planning community next year :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread, this is PS Hangout at its finest. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Great pics from your etsy account, so pretty!!!!

Please report back after the partay, no details too small!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sad we couldn't see pics of people throwing axes.... :lol:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Guilty Pleasure|1412261396|3760592 said:
This is something the company members should do as a team building exercise for a work day away from work, a company retreat of sorts.

It sounds fun, but NO, this is not appropriate in any way for a "holiday party". And I say this as someone who would love to attend such an off-the-wall activity! I don't know how much your husband's opinion matters, so maybe you just have to shut up and show up due to office politics, but if he has any say in the matter, tell him not to go with the flow on this one.

ax throwing... and alcohol... holiday party... :dance:

This. I could see it as some sort of team-building exercise, but it is not appropriate at a Holiday party and it is definitely not appropriate with alcohol! :lol:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1476689950|4087820 said:
I'm really sad we couldn't see pics of people throwing axes.... :lol:

I heard it was a 50/50 on who went and who liked it. I did see some pictures at the following years party, but not many. That was the bowling one, LOL!

momhappy said:
Guilty Pleasure|1412261396|3760592 said:
This is something the company members should do as a team building exercise for a work day away from work, a company retreat of sorts.

It sounds fun, but NO, this is not appropriate in any way for a "holiday party". And I say this as someone who would love to attend such an off-the-wall activity! I don't know how much your husband's opinion matters, so maybe you just have to shut up and show up due to office politics, but if he has any say in the matter, tell him not to go with the flow on this one.

ax throwing... and alcohol... holiday party... :dance:

This. I could see it as some sort of team-building exercise, but it is not appropriate at a Holiday party and it is definitely not appropriate with alcohol! :lol:

Momhappy: This is the run down for the last 3 years-ax throwing-bowling-and this year ping pong. Living it up at the holiday parties :mrgreen:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should try to get all of the women's phone numbers and encourage them to dress semi-formal as a protest to these crazy events.

Although, I bet the guys love them.

Axe throwing, now I've heard it all... Next, the Scottish Games!!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1476719348|4087907 said:
You should try to get all of the women's phone numbers and encourage them to dress semi-formal as a protest to these crazy events.

Although, I bet the guys love them.

Axe throwing, now I've heard it all... Next, the Scottish Games!!!

My husband and his boss have both said and been upfront that these are not what they consider good for a party, but their voices fell on deaf ears. No one else has the gumption to actually speak out against them, since it's the president of the company has his right hand women who usually come up with the 'off the wall' themes. There are SO many unique options in the GTA too, like the one where you eat in the dark, among other really unique places to eat/things to do but ping pong has me baffled. I wish I could go and get everyones numbers but most of them who work there (not all) are men, and the women I am not close to as I once was with some of the employees who have since left. I will wear my gown in protest and when comments about me being over dressed are made I will say I'm not over dressed, it's under venued or something to that nature. Or maybe something like, oh I thought ping pong was a cover for dinner galla.
::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results